All iPads Want to buy a new iPad on Amazon but what seller do I trust?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by max2, Feb 20, 2017.

1. max2 macrumors 68000

Amazon never directly sells the iPad :( Should I just buy direct from Apple ?

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Amazon has seller feedback and reviews ranging back dates to research.

Otherwise, B&H Photo is a very reputable seller with an extensive history. I have used them many times.

There are other reputable sellers aside from Apple.

3. max2 thread starter macrumors 68000

That is true but the normal review section never says what seller they bought it from.

4. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Research buyer feedback under the Store front option. If will list chronologically in order the review and customer satisifaction. .

5. sam311 macrumors newbie

sam311

Try B&H Photo in New York free expedite shipping no Tax.But wait the new iPad is coming out soon since I went bought one at Best Buy yesterday but planning to return it waiting for the new one soon as prices will be that same or a bit higher .
    But I recommend Apple since they make the best iPads and easy to use.

PS did not see that someone else recommended B&H Photo ....
    Yes best place to buy unless as twice I bought iPads at eBay at $300-350 cheaper but I think that the seller bought them and screwed up his credit to get cash.
    Last iPad Pro one was 9.7" I pad $425.00 right when it came out and the 12.9" I paid $550 at Ebay both where 128GB

6. max2 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks.

7. max2 thread starter macrumors 68000

Just found out if it is fulfilled by Amazon then Amazon takes care of everything!

8. Jnesbitt82 macrumors 6502

Jnesbitt82

It's scary buying iPads from amazon. If you ever check out the1-star ratings, it's enough to give you nightmares.
    Sort by:
    Filter by:
    Verified purchase only1 star onlyAll formats
    Search
    Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(1 star, Verified Purchases). See all 950 reviews
    1.0 out of 5 starsIts a fraud, stay away
    ByAmazon Customeron November 6, 2016
    Capacity: 32 GB|Connectivity: Wi-Fi|Color: Gold|Verified Purchase
    Ordered 32 gb ipad pro, received 16 gb ipad air in a 32 GB ipad pro box with ipad pro manual and accesories
    YesNoReport abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starswhat a ripoff!!! When I went to ...
    ByRichard Kon October 15, 2016
    Capacity: 32 GB|Connectivity: Wi-Fi|Color: Gold|Verified Purchase
    what a ripoff!!! When I went to the Apple Store to register this produce and purchase apple Care they could not verify the serial number and could not verify the product even tough it was in an unopened box. I must assume it was not a legitimate Apple product. I then called customer service and returned the IPad. Be ware of knock offs!!!!!!
    YesNoReport abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starsNot new product!
    ByRichardon October 13, 2016
    Size: 32 GB|Shape: Wi-Fi|Color: Space Gray|Verified Purchase
    NOT NEW! Not even in apple packaging! Returning.
    [​IMG]
    YesNoReport abuse
    Comment
    S. Zimmerman4 months ago
    Report abuse
    Can you tell me which seller you purchased this through? I'm planning to purchase and want to avoid headaches. Thanks!
    1.0 out of 5 starsDisappointed upon arrival
    ByCrystal Dadyon December 9, 2016
    Size: 32 GB|Shape: Wi-Fi + Cellular|Color: Rose Gold|Verified Purchase
    The iPad arrived in an evelope, not a box. Did not come with apple charger or lightening cord. Has several blemishes and dents on the corners. Was not described and used in the product description. Disappointed.
    YesNoReport abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starsI ordered an iPad Pro 9. 7-inch (128GB, ...
    ByCliente Amazonon October 31, 2016
    Size: 128 GB|Shape: Wi-Fi|Color: Rose Gold|Verified Purchase
    I ordered an iPad Pro 9.7-inch (128GB, Wi-Fi, Rose Gold) 2016 Model and I received an IIPAD AIR 2 16GB in a box of an Ipad Pro!!!!! It's a FRAUD!!!
    YesNoReport abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starsAlready REGISTERED device -- OH OH!!!!
    ByHardware4youon May 5, 2016
    Verified Purchase
    Already REGISTERED device --UH OH!!!!

Already Registered Tablet according to Apple representative. Sealed...yes...Factory new...yes...but already registered to another user. I wanted to transfer an extended warranty from another tablet when it was hinted this device was maybe this device was obtained by another option.
    YesNoReport abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starsNot good
    ByAmazon Customeron December 7, 2016
    Size: 256 GB|Shape: Wi-Fi + Cellular|Color: Gold|Verified Purchase
    The ipad pro came with a white spot on the screen. I was still willing to keep it until it took hours to charger an would only go to 36%
    YesNoReport abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starsSucks for web browsing
    ByWBon November 7, 2016
    Size: 128 GB|Shape: Wi-Fi|Color: Gold|Verified Purchase
    Sucks for web browsing. If you like "apps" it's probably fine but this thing is the worst machine to browse the web on because most sites don't even work correctly on it and there are too many ads, even with a "Content Blocker" (I've tried all of them).

Dolphin Browser makes it barely acceptable if you enable Desktop Mode and ad-blocking. However, you still can't get plugins for it like you can for Chrome on your desktop computer.
    YesNoReport abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starsHey, how come in less then 10 days since ...
    ByAmazon Customeron November 2, 2016
    Size: 128 GB|Shape: Wi-Fi|Color: Space Gray|Verified Purchase
    Hey, how come in less then 10 days since I purchased this IPad Pro and it is already not working. It froze and I can get it to turn back on even after a hard reset
    YesNoReport abuse
    1.0 out of 5 starsThis device could not be activated on a cellular network ...
    ByJames M.on August 28, 2016
    Size: 32 GB|Shape: Wi-Fi + Cellular|Color: Space Gray|Verified Purchase
    This device could not be activated on a cellular network because it was used and someone never paid for the cell phone service. It was not a NEW device.
    YesNoReport abuse

9. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Serious question, Have you ever purchased from Amazon before? Thats how it's always been. If it states shipped from "XYZ", then you're subjected to their return Policy. There is a difference between shipped from and fulfilled from.