Want to buy IPhone 3GS without contract in london

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by M4r5h4ll, Aug 5, 2009.

1. M4r5h4ll macrumors newbie

Hello guys
    i need to know from where in london can i buy a IPhone 3GS without contract.
    ASAP please :)

Thanks all

2. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Nowhere. London sells no iPhone 3GS without a contract.

Buy it from online, or from another country.

Google it, or use the search feature here. Seriously, there's another thread on this same exact thing.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Fixed for truth. :(

4. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Ah, my bad. Thanks for the fix.

CAN I HAS IPHONEZ UNL0CK PLZ!? :eek:

5. M4r5h4ll thread starter macrumors newbie

lol i am sorry guys i am very new here
    but ermm
    don't tell me theres no black market there :x
    i have someone whos comin from uk in a week & i need to buy it badly :/

6. drummerlondonw3 macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

as others have said there is an open thread on this at the moment but play.com have them. Beyond that search the forum please

7. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Why not listen to the suggestion I first gave you, along with the suggestions that everyone else gave you? If you're not satisfied with it, take your questions elsewhere.

There is no way to get a FACTORY UNLOCKED iPhone from the UK from a legitimate store. The Apple Store and AT&T/whatever carriers in the UK do not offer factory unlocked iPhones, as they require you to sign contracts.

The closest way to get them would be to get one from France, Belgium, Italy, Hong Kong, Australia, etc.

Better yet, why are you asking us where to get it from the UK? Why don't you ask your friend from the UK to check for you? Chances are, your friend won't be able to find one either, so sorry, tough luck.

If you're so desperate to get a factory unlocked iPhone 3GS, you'll have to shell out a lot of money for one, roughly about 1000 dollars. Or you can just buy a regular iPhone 3GS and unlock it yourself through redsnow or purplerain.

Those are your options, sorry if you don't like them.

8. M4r5h4ll thread starter macrumors newbie

i think when someone is doing u a favor its better to make it easier for him
    he simple donno anything about how to buy one
    so i want to check & tell me from where exactly he can get it for me
    & about unlocking it i can do it my self theres alot of tools on the internet to jailbreak iphones

9. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Fair enough. However, your friend's not really going to be able to, unless if he makes a pitstop in Italy or some country. Chances of that happening are slim to none, seeing as how I'm assuming your friend will be flying directly to the US with no layovers.

There's a difference between unlocking an iPhone and jailbreaking an iPhone. Are you sure you know what the difference is, or rather, what exactly a factory unlocked iPhone does for you?

If you can unlock and jailbreak an iPhone yourself, why do you need a factory unlocked iPhone? You do realize, that even if it is factory unlocked, if something goes wrong, you'll need to send the iPhone all the way back to where it was originally purchased.

10. M4r5h4ll thread starter macrumors newbie

hes going to UK not US
    & ermm i thought about eBay but i think it would take a long time for him to get one from there
    & yeah i know i would send it back to where it was purchased or just forget about it & get another if it got ****ed :/

11. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

In that case, he'd have to take a train or something to Italy/Belgium/etc., to find you a factory unlocked iPhone.

You could always buy from play.com or whatever and pay a crapload of money for it.

12. dazey macrumors 6502

why not just buy one pay as you go, no contract and then if you need jailbreak and unlock? You can buy them in apple store or O2 stores.

13. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

I was just about to say this. It's not hard to unlock the iPhone, so just buy the Pay&Go one from an O2 or Apple store.

14. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Any O2 shop or Apple shop will sell the 3GS without contract, subject to availability

15. M4r5h4ll thread starter macrumors newbie

oh that sounds perfect
    any idea how much it costs ?

16. M4r5h4ll thread starter macrumors newbie

yea i know but ...

Thanks for visiting the O2 Online Shop

Unfortunately, we are unable to sell to countries outside the UK.

i can even see the full infos lol

17. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

They might sell the iPhone at the airport. I've seen stores selling iPhones in airports all over Europe. They're a bit expensive though.

18. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

Does it need to be unlocked? Or are you only concerned about the contract?

You can get an official PAYG (prepaid) plan from 02 for the iPhone 3GS. There is no minimum term contract required for PAYG service. However, even without a contract, it will still be locked exclusively to the O2 network.

There is no official source of unlocked iPhones anywhere in the UK. (There are official unlocked iPhones, or official procedures to remove the lock from previously locked iPhones, in certain other countries though.)

Any unlocked iPhones you find in the UK have either been hacked, or else they were originally sold in a different country and have been imported for resale in the UK. Remember that Apple's position is that iPhone warranties only apply in the country in which it was originally sold. If an unofficially imported then resold iPhone turns out to be defective, then the EU's consumer protection laws will only provide recourse against the person or store from which you yourself bought the iPhone, not against the manufacturer.

But if you're willing to go down the black- or grey-market route, then you can hack a locked iPhone to remove the lock. Remember that it voids your warranty and will leave you with a small degree of risk / huge degree of dependency on hackers to support any future firmware updates.

Then again, if you mean exactly what you said -- "without contract" -- and you don't care about whether or not the phone is locked, then the PAYG option is probably exactly what you're looking for.

19. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

16GB :
    £440.40

32GB:
    £538.30

I've provided these prices in GBP so you can convert them into your currency to be accurate.

20. matttye macrumors 601

Wow.

Every O2 and carphone warehouse sells iPhones without contracts. They're locked to O2 - but on a pay as you go tariff.

21. DIABLOW macrumors member

Well, if you are really desperate want to buy the unlock iPhone 3Gs, you can get them in Arabian shops in marble arch. There are plenty selling 3Gs one of the shop call Digital house in marble arch. I am not sure where they get the iPhone from but yes it is factory unlock with seal box. 36GB price around £600 to £700.