Want to buy the right RAM for my 15" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DimHaute, Jun 13, 2013.

1. DimHaute macrumors newbie

I bought a 15" MBP a couple days ago (05/31). I have never really used a Mac until now, because I'm tired of the crappy quality PCs and immenent slow downs. I can say that im thrilled with my decision and will never go back. This has been a big aid to my music career.

Anyways I'm not too tech savvy, but I want to make sure I buy the right RAM. I believe it's the mid-2012 model 2.6GHz 15" MBP with 4GB of 1600GHz DDR3 RAM

I thought to myself since most of my DaW programs require 4GB of RAM and I do a lot of multitasking. I should go with 16gb of RAM (two 8gb).

I read on MacRumors guide that CL9 Ram is best but I'm not sure. I heard good things about Crucial and Kingston, but which one would be best? Price is not an issue. My friends say to find Samsung memory but I've never seen such :S
    Aswell can apple install it for me?

I appreciate the help guys. Thank you in advance for the recommendations.

2. sick z33 macrumors 6502

Crucial is very popular. I would consider them or GSkill.

3. DimHaute thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya I was thinking this one:
    http://m.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148607
    But my friend keeps saying apple won't install it for me and I don't want to void my warranty.

Any insight?

4. B... macrumors 68000

B...

5. DimHaute thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I've been trying to figure that out, but when I called apple support, the guy just said he didn't know... Your help is much appreciated.

Now it's just a matter of finding what RAM is best. I'm sure it's easy to install.