Want to change my Apple ID. What will happen with my existing purchases?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AleRod, Oct 13, 2011.

1. AleRod macrumors newbie

Hello,

I want to change my apple ID from name@yahoo.com to name@gmail.com in http://appleid.apple.com
    But I am worried what will happen with my previous purchases associated with my name@yahoo.com

My question is:
    when updating my previous App purchases, will they still require the old ID or they will automatically update with my new ID?
    My previous App purchases will still be linked to my old ID (name@yahoo.com) or they will now be linked to my new ID (name@gmail.com).

Also, my Apple ID (name@yahoo.com) is not tied to my credit card. I only put money with iTunes cards.
    In fact now I have 90 dollars. What will happen with that? Will this money be transfered to my new Apple ID (name@gmail.com)?

Did anyone already do this?
    Do you think I can have problems?

Thank you in advance for your help and comments.

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Changing your Apple ID from a yahoo to a Gmail account is fine. You will be able to use your Gmail address instead of your old one even on old purchases with no problem. I've changed my AppleID email address a few times.

Also, don't freak out if your yahoo email pops up from time to time when asked to authorize. Just delete it and put in the new email with your password.