iPhone want to download shsh blobs saved on mac backup drive and on cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aPple nErd, May 3, 2013.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

ok so i saved them on my old iMac, and we don't have that mac anymore, but it was backed up. where can i find my blobs for my iPhone 5? i also submitted them to cydia servers. oh and these blobs are legit because i manually saved them and submitted them. thanks in advance!

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Blobs are useless for an iPhone 5. Even with them, there is no way to restore to any firmware other than the most recent, in this case iOS 6.1.4, FYI.

3. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

I know that, but in case they find an exploit for it in the future, its nice to know i have them.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Download iFaith or tinyumbrella and download your shsh blobs from cydia's server. I would recommend iFaith though to make sure the shsh files are actually valid.

That or get access to your old iMac and copy it to a flash drive or something to back it up

5. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

well im on a mac so ifaith isnt an option. How do i get the blobs from cydia servers with tinyumbrella?

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

If you go to options, you can check the box that says to request from cydia's server. However, using tinyumbrella, you cannot verify for sure that the shsh blob on cydia's server is valid

7. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

8. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

That's great! Now I guess just wait for redsn0w and tinyumbrella to be updated to properly check for valid iOS 6 shsh blobs

9. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

ya, and hope that with the devs having spare time now, they can find a way to side grade, like they did on iOS 5 with the 4s :)