Want to get ipad for son but should I wait for the ipad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 305rob305, Nov 2, 2011.

1. 305rob305 macrumors member

I know the ipad 2 has been out sometime now.... So should I wait for the 3??

2. sbddude macrumors 6502a

3. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

what with the incessant "buy now or wait" threads?

not counting this one thread, there are 5-6 similar threads on on the first page of this forum alone asking the same thing with plenty of feedback on guesses on ipad3 release dates, whether to wait or not, and sundry other replies.

everyone seems to think their circumstances are different and the truth of the matter is "No, you're not all that different."

so get off your lazy duff and spend a little time reading those threads and learn think for yourself. Jeez.

ps. the thought of enduring more of these threads for another 4+ months is enough to make me groan.

4. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

5. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

There are four threads alone on this very same topic. Please do some research before making a thread, as this topic has been beaten to death.

6. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

YEAH BUT! This one is about their Son! Makes all the difference in the world! :rolleyes:

7. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Get the iPad 2 now for your son and let him enjoy it. Who knows when iPad 3 will come out. Personally, I don't know how they will improve upon the iPad 2 other than increased speed and a higher res display...and maybe a better camera. But seriously, does anyone even care about the camera on the iPad?

The iPad 2 is already blazing fast and the screen is beautiful. However, if the 3 is THAT much better (which I doubt) and you or your son feel the need to upgrade, you can always sell the 2. Apple products retain value very well.

8. Capt T macrumors 6502a

9. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Get it now.

Rumors point to having production problems for the Retina display and a Q3 2012 release for the iPad 3 so you might as well get the iPad 2 now and enjoy it.

10. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

Just get it. If the iPad 3 comes out, no sweat. Apple is still supporting the iPad 2. Just look at the iPhone 3GS, still supported after 3 years.

11. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

That's true but a lot of dudes here want to have the latest and greatest.

12. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

I know, it applies to me too. :p

13. solowmodel macrumors 6502

Funnily enough I have an iPad 2 and wish for a better camera for FaceTime :p

14. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

iPad 3 won't be out until at least March of 2012 which is 5 months from now, go ahead and get the iPad 2:)

15. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

NO! Don't buy now. I say wait for the iPad 4.

16. johns4949 macrumors newbie

Apple Newbies

Do you Apple regulars have to be such A-HOLES

17. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

Wait! I'm considering one for my daughter. Does that make a difference, too? And how old is the son? Fodder for more threads. :eek::D

18. cwazytech, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011

cwazytech macrumors 6502

One word: Prozac

It's not easy navigatng these threads sometimes. I use the search function and sometimes have the patience to try and comb through 5 pages of thread subjects just to get fed up with searching. So, I start a new thread that some douchebag likes to complain about just because, apparently, the thread already exists. Word of advice, if you see a new thread that you've seen posted a million times, don't waste what is obviously your delicate time, clicking on the link and then commenting on it. Just move on.

On a side note, if you can wait, wait. Ignore rumors about release dates and upgrades because they're almost always misleading. I feel Apple is pretty consistant about product updates/releases, so just stick with the iPad track record. There is also nothing wrong with buying now since Apple products have good re-sale value.

19. bp1000 macrumors 65816

People don't have time to sift through sub standard forum search facilities

It isn't down to the user to go out of their way to find the right answer from hundreds of poorly matched keyword threads.

It takes 10 seconds to give your opinion, or 3 minutes to do the search yourself and be a smart arse.

I would get the iPad 2 now. The next iPad is rumoured to only have some minor updates and the next generation iPad most likely won't be out for quite some time, perhaps next summer, you will be waiting a long time!

20. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

Sorry, but adding new threads for topics that have been covered time and time again may be more convenient for the poster but it adds inconvenience for everyone else.

I have no objection to an occasional repetitious thread, especially if it covers a topic that hasn't been discussed in awhile. But threads like this don't fall into that category. The "Should I buy and iPad 2 or wait" topic has been beaten to death on literally a daily basis with thread after thread. It doesn't take long to find one. Just look at the latest thread list; you'll find three or four.

Furthermore, the practice of constantly repeating threads only makes it harder on those who actually DO search before posting. The reason a search results in page after page of hits is precisely BECAUSE the same topic is covered over and over.

21. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

It doesn't add inconvenience for everyone else. That's just plain silly.

22. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

In fact, it does. Not only does it push recent new and worthwhile topics off the front page, making searching and paging through posts more likely, it makes searches less useful by cluttering them with more and more threads.

23. MSM Hobbes macrumors 6502

Dad?!?!?!

24. Vitamblu macrumors newbie

I think you should wait for the iPad 4.

Seriously, the waiting game is stupid. If you need it now, buy it.