Want to have sex with more people? Buy an iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajayvarma87, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajayvarma87 macrumors member

A new study conducted by online dating service OkCupid.com has revealed iPhone users have sex with twice the number of partners their Android-using counterparts have.

By the age of 30, men with an iPhone have had around 10 different partners. Their BlackBerry counterparts average around 8.1 partners.

Men with an Android-powered smartphone might just about be ready to trade in their device - with an average of only 6 partners by the time they are 30.

The figures were even higher for women in their 30s with an iPhone in their purse. On average a female iPhone user in her 30s will have had 12.3 partners.

Females with a predisposition for RIM's BlackBerry average 8.8 partners while females who like their smartphone operating system "open" are a lot less open in bed, racking up an average of 6.1 partners by the time they hit 30.

"Finally, statistical proof that iPhone users aren't just getting f#*ed by Apple," OkCupid's Christian Rudder facetiously declared in an August 10 blog post announcing the results of the survey.

The data was derived from OkCupid's "Don't Be Ugly By Accident!" survey. The survey also investigated the factors that resulted in a great photo by aggregating around 11.4 million opinions on the subject.

Additional results from the survey suggested that taking a photo with a flash adds around 7 years to a person's age, the best time of day to take attractive photos is either late at night or late in the afternoon, and making sure "the subject is in crisp focus while the rest of the photo is blurry" will result in a much more attractive image.

"In conclusion, the data strongly suggest that if you're single, you (or someone you know) should learn a little bit about photography. Technique can make or break your photograph, and the right decisions can get you more dates," explained Rudder.

"It's actually not that hard. Use a decent camera. Go easy on the flash. Own the foreground. Take your picture in the afternoon. Then visit the nearest Apple store."

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/dont-be-ugly-by-accident/

2. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
  3. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

The OP's logic is flawed. It's not the iPhone that makes people to have more sex. By large, people who buy iPhones have more sexual partners.

Only an idiot would buy an iPhone just to have more sex.

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Or, to put it more succinctly, correlation does not equal causation.

5. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

It's too early for this sort of talk. :)

(I was pretty close to use the term 'causation' myself.)

6. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    ^^ I think the bottom line here is that people who're wealthier, more successful, better educated etc will have a bigger pool of possible mates. And those same people will have more premium toys. You could do this with Mercs, Ferraris, Leather bound books... :D

Or sorry, causation = correlation in this case :p

7. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

8. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I've had iPhones the past 3 years...doesn't seem to help. Plus I'm engaged.

9. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Old news. There was already had a thread on this.

10. ryfly macrumors newbie

You already figured out yourself there LOL

11. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Want to be white, in the 1980s? Move to the suburbs..

12. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

The next study should be about which phone owners answer surveys most honestly.

:)

13. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

So iPhone is the #1 choice of cellular phones for prostitutes...:rolleyes:

14. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

I have an iPhone if anyone wants to get together for drinks later.

15. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

A prostitute who's only had 13 sexual partners by age 30 should think about a new career path. :D

16. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

No, they are just there to skew the curve. I didn't say most iPhone's owners are prostitutes, did I? ;)

17. millertime021 macrumors 6502a

millertime021

I lol'd

Well s***.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.