Want to know the real reason China won't stop NK?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, Aug 11, 2017.

1. darksithpro, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017

darksithpro macrumors regular

It's not about Communism, heck it's not even about having a buffer from South Korea. It's actually about trillions of dollars worth of precious earth minerals that Pyongyang sells to china at a bargain price.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...eral-resources-nuclear-iron-ore-a7818651.html

The mountainous country has sizeable deposits of more than 200 different underground minerals, according to a recent report by Lloyd Vasey, founder of the Center for Strategic and International Studies think tank.

These include coal, iron ore, magnesite, gold ore, zinc ore, copper ore, limestone, molybdenite, graphite and tungsten, all with potential for the development of large-scale mines.

The country's magnesite reserves are the second largest in the world after China, and its tungsten deposits the planet's sixth largest, according to the report.

South Korea’s state-run Korea Development Institute last September described mineral trade between North Korea and China as a “cash cow” for Pyongyang.

The institute said that mineral trade accounted for 54 per cent of the North’s total trade volume to China in the first half of 2016.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, the real reason China won't help out the US, SK and Japan is because they're getting raw minerals from North Korean slave labor, probably at a bargain price. So when people say China is being level headed while NK test launches missiles, next time point this to their attention. See, it's all about money. We all know how NK treats it's people. So they're basically being slaved away, so China can reap the rewards, sick!

2. nicho macrumors 68000

Trump-style Capitalism at its finest.

3. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Well, another reason not to be worried about any Confrontation between the US and NK. Pretty sure irradiated minerals don't cut the mustard...

4. Populism, Aug 12, 2017

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

By my math, there is not one subject left that can be discussed in the PRSI that can't/won't be Trumped immediately.

Post no. 2? That's got to be a new land speed record.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You should watch some docs on NK. They make sweat shops look like a vacation.

6. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

One of the Chinese reasons to not use military force,is that china will have to take care of millions of North Korean refugees if there is a war in the region. For USA,it's much easier,as no North Korean could swim across the Pacific Ocean. Guess the Chinese government will try to avoid getting 10-30 millions of starving North Koreans dumped in china.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think the South Koreans will have to take most of the burden.

8. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

The 38 parallel is heavier guarded than the Chinese border,and there are mine fields.

9. deany macrumors 68030

deany

I too find this odd, only thinking about it last night.
    The 'enemy' USA and SK on the Border, doesn't quite wash with me.
    Also I can't help but feel China have supplied NK with the means to make Nuclear Weapons, if true thats appalling.

10. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Most countries in the world has knowledge to build nuclear warheads,it's a side effect from using nuclear power.
    The warheads themselves don't need to be complicated,it's the weapon carriers that's the difficult issue for the North Koreans.

11. deany macrumors 68030

deany

I'm no expert but my understanding is it needs a lots of Scientific knowledge to make a Nuke, even with the side effect of Nuclear power at ones disposal.
    As I say I cant help but feel China helped with this and also think they may be regretting it now.

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think it was Pakistan who did.

13. deany macrumors 68030

deany

Wow! what makes you say that?

14. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I question this reasoning because if N. Korea ends up at war this might disrupt their ability to provide these materials to China especially if this portion of their economy is targeted.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

16. HEK Suspended

HEK

Real reason is China wants to support it's home grown cell phone companies. By fomenting war in Korean Peninsula it will simultaneously take Apple and Samsung out of the picture. Allowing Chinese companies to leap ahead in cell phone sales.

17. steve knight, Aug 12, 2017

steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Then they use all those nines to hide their activity and make hidden bases.

18. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

It's more simple then that. China primarily needs North Korea's coal to make Chinese steel. The extra minerals are just icing on the cake.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 12, 2017 ---
    My opinion only but I think there is a difference between the Chinese government and Chinese officials / industrialist. I can easily see some individuals / companies in China covertly selling tech / items to North Korea.

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

In circumstances where South Koreas mobile phone business was affected significantly China would have 25 million refugees to deal with.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 12, 2017 ---
    China has plenty of coal, and there are plenty of better places to buy it from, such as the USA.

20. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Of course they need the knowledge. But in many countries,you can find much of the basics in public libraries.
    It's no problems for a government to make false ID,and send people with false names to copy books from libraries in Western Europe. In some countries,the basics of nuclear reactions is a part of the education.

21. niploteksi, Aug 12, 2017

niploteksi macrumors regular

I don't really know what I'm talking about, but isn't the main problem getting weapons grade material?

22. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

The DPRK issue also keeps Trump's foreign policy occupied with this problem reducing the relevance of other problems. One of those other problems is Communist China, but right now with the DPRK issue Trump needs Communist China on side.

23. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

It's seems to me like North Korea could have the potential to be a much bigger cash cow for China if North Korea wasn't such a mess.

24. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Because so few countries buy from NK, due to how "messed up" NK is, China probably enjoys a "buyer's market" when they trade with NK. If NK had normal trade relations, they could probably get far more per ton of coal, etc.