Want to order 3Gs but I will be out of town on the 19th. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Damon Hill, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Damon Hill macrumors regular

I am looking at ordering the 32GB 3Gs but I will be out of town on the 19th.

Is there any way to order it and delay the delivery until I return?

Suggestions?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why not just wait till you come back and buy it at your local apple/att store.
    there's really no feasible way to delay shipping so just wait until you're ready to take possesion and order it then

3. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

If your not out of town long, you can call FedEx and tell them to hold it at there hub, if one is near your house. They will hold it for up to a week I believe. Then you can pick it up from there.

4. oneteam macrumors member

I'll be out of town that weekend as well. On the 19th, I'm going to be standing in line at one of the AT&T stores in San Juan, PR...

5. PLamarine macrumors 6502

PLamarine

6. Damon Hill thread starter macrumors regular

Thats what I was worried about. Hope they have some in stock!

7. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

You can delay shipping, but that usually has to be done in a specific time frame which might be difficult.

Just buy one when you get back? I really don't think there will be a shortage.

8. AlfaLavala macrumors regular

Order and collect from store? CPW in UK are doing that, not sure about US.

I have a 25 minute window to collect mine, get home and activate then be ready to leave for the train station!

Oh and copy some music and films to watch on the train :D

9. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Get it when you get back. I'm sure there will not be a sell out issue like with the 3G

10. redman042 macrumors 68020

I have the same issue. Leaving for a 1 week trip the morning of the 19th. We have an 8 hour drive so there's no way I can delay departure to wait for delivery, plus when I get it I'm looking at 1-2 hrs of setup and syncing all my stuff.

So I'm having it shipped to my office, and I'll tell our admin assistant to lock them up until I get back. I trust her.

I'm just not so sure they won't sell out. They sold out of the 2G and 3G didn't they? I'd rather have it waiting for me when I get back :)

11. coolbreeze07 macrumors newbie

coolbreeze07

If youre not going to be gone long, you have 7 days to pick up a pre order from AT&T after it arrives.

12. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Just buy it when you come back. Jeez, it's not like you're gonna be missing the second-coming of Christ. Just wait, you'll be receiving the very same phone.

13. GTDaveMac macrumors regular

Now that's funny! (and I agree)

I usually don't spend a lot of time perusing these forums... (rather be out kiteboarding or something active) but I'm finding it so amusing lately.