Want to reformat iPhone and don't care about anything but Candy Crush.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Kendo, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Kendo macrumors 68000

Since I have iCloud backed up with my contacts and photos, I can lose every other data that I have but don't know how to backup Candy Crush since it doesn't use cloud saves.

Is syncing with FB the easiest way to save progress on Candy Crush? Is there any harm involved?

Everything else I can re-download from the cloud with no problems.

2. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

Sync with Facebook. It's the safest, best and easiest way to keep your data.
    I haven't tried using iCloud but I doubt it will be as efficient as FB is.

3. Kendo thread starter macrumors 68000

But what does it do? It says it wants access to my profile and friends. If I play the game on my phone and it is synced, does it announce to all my FB contacts each time I pass a level?

I only use FB so that my wife can tag me but hardly ever post anything on it. I read horror stories how people would browse websites and it would show on FB what they are looking at, etc.

4. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Something to hide?

Personally I've never had a FB account, but would never allow a game access to my friends etc.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can check what it can do in the Apps section of your Settings in Facebook to see if it can actually post on your behalf or anything like that (and revoke some particular abilities that you don't want to allow).

6. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Yes, it wants to announce.
    It also wants to scan and build their own database of friend matches, and of potential contacts to harass to also join the game.

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

can always backup to computer using ifunbox, go to candy crush app and generally backing up the library and documents folders guarantees a backup without worry.... I talk from personal experience I backup all my apps games or not this way and has yet to fail me

8. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

If you aren't interested in "playing against" your FB friends, just create a bogus account and link it.

9. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

It only needs access to your profile and friends so you can send them lives and get lives from them.
    It doesn't do anything other than that - no annoying posts or silly updates.

If you play on the Web version though, it posts on your wall saying "I completed a level" blah blah. The IOS game doesn't do this.

But you can sync your Candy Crush to Facebook, format your phone, and then disconnect from Facebook - and your levels will still be there.

I understand your concern as I would also not like my friends to know useless things and clutter their feeds so I wouldn't use the Facebook sync if it did all that.

10. Need macrumors newbie

Hmmm, unless they changed it, I found Candy Crush facebook updates extremely annoying. I have never played the game but I have 2 friends who played it and I kept getting "XXX gives a life..." every so often in my facebook news. And then I start getting invites to the app every other day. Finally I have to spend time to look up how to stop app's news from showing up on my facebook news.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Or the friends didn't know or care about axtually configuring what it is an app they added would actually do.

12. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I feel like this would be the best option for the OP.

13. Damolee macrumors 6502

Expected the thread to start ....."Said no on ever!" :D