Want to see a live stream of MacWorld 2008? Then click HERE!!!!

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by olternaut, Dec 19, 2007.

1. olternaut macrumors 6502a

2. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

3. olternaut thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool. Errrm.....explain the significance of setting up a bot? Sorry to reveal some of my noobiness. :confused:

EDIT: Oh I get it!! That way the site would keep getting interest submissions. Although, they might get suspicious if they get 10 million interest submissions. :D

4. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

Don't worry, it's sarcasm; that way we could register thousands of applications if we got past the CAPTCHA.
    Good find, though.

Edit: We'll blame it on the time difference, yeah?
    :)

5. olternaut thread starter macrumors 6502a

haha. :)
    OMG! Why isn't this thread getting hundreds of thousands of replies? This is important people! :confused:

6. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

Rubbish area of the forums, even if it is apt.
    C'mon people.

7. olternaut thread starter macrumors 6502a

Exactly!! Please people......go to that site in the link above and register your interest in seeing macworld 2008 live!!

8. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I have nothing against this site, but a couple of notes

1) It's probably not legal to stream a video stream.
    2) They promised to do it last year but didn't deliver. I'm not sure if they accepted advertising money then too.
    3) There's no reason to ask people to sign up for interest. It's clear that if they can deliver a video stream that they will be enough interest, which leads me to believe that this is simply a publicity stunt, or to drum up advertisers.
    4) I doubt they could handle a full video stream if they were able to pull it off. For our coverage we're estimating 1.5TB of data over 2 hours as a worst cast scenario, and that's just static images and text.

arn

9. olternaut thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, all I can say is that I would be truly dissapointed and annoyed at this company if they don't deliver on their promise. All I care about is seeing a live stream of this year's macworld. :mad:

10. pamon macrumors 6502

agree w/ arn... they won't allow a livestream since it's their event and a live video of it would run $$$$. There will be enough coverage between this site, engadget, gizmodo, and others..