Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Hey, So I was waiting for the macbook, and now that it's here, sooner than I thought, I need a little more cash to buy one.

Right now I have an eMac 1 gigahertz with supderdrive 768 mb ram and airport.

I also have an eMachines T3092 (Athlon chip, 160 gig, 512 ram, dvd-rw) I use with a 15" CRT.

The eMachines I have because I need it for one very tiny app that unfortunately is only on Windows, but thank God, I could run it on the MacBook in Bootcamp!

So, I'd rather sell my PC, than my eMac, especially because my eMac still has AppleCare through October, and my eMachines one year warranty is up, even though it's a newer computer. The eMac has been a very solid machine.

Do you guys have any idea what I could expect to get for either one? And how much would it cost to ship them?

I am a college student, I have about $600 that is fluctuating (it's all in Apple stock...lol), and then I have about $200 in my checking, I don't really have any living expenses, but I also don't have time for a job (well it's more complicated than that, but that's a simple enough story).

What to do?

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
I wouldn't say you'd get much for either of them given they're both relatively aged machines in the tech world so why not both? The Macbook will run OS X, like the eMac and will also run that one little app you need through Boot Camp like you mentioned. It doesn't seem you have a lot of extra ca$h to work with but if one Macbook will take care of the needs of two computers, why keep them both?

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
Original poster
I had considered selling both. It depends on how much I could get for the eMac. The PC--throwing that out the window would give me a few days of joy. With the eMac, I find value in it, so I would want to sell it for some value, especially since it is still under warranty. Also, I have external bootable firewire disks, and I heard that these cannot be started from an Intel Mac if they were created on a PowerPc Mac--is that true? If it is, it's another reason to keep my eMac.

I might look to sell and return other stuff! I bought a lot of skin care crap I got suckered into and spent over a hundred bucks and haven't opened most of it yet. And I have some Banana Republic outlet clothes that got mucked up from one wash that I can return.

(OT the clothes in Banana Republic outlets are MADE FOR the outlets...a lesson i learned the hard way...you'd be better off at gap)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.