Want to sell iPhoneSE64GB but which iPhone to buy next?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by addictive, Jun 7, 2017.

1. addictive macrumors regular

I have had my iPhone SE 64GB for just over a year. I have liked it a lot, I like a phone I can easily put in my pocket. I've been a heavy user of my iPhone and the battery now lasts me considerably less than a day. I find this annoying to say the least. Nothing worse than being out in the city and having your phone with no battery. I am aware of portable batteries and charging on the go but these aren't always practical.

I know I can get a good resale price at the moment as mine is in perfect condition as i've had it in a case and the accessories are untouched in the box. In addition I have unused AppleCare which should boost the price even more.

I know I don't want a 6S or 7 or a Plus version of either. I just don't like the style of the phones. I know the cameras are best on the premium models but I can live without these.

With only a few months to go I could wait out the new iPhone in September/October but by then i'll get less for my current iPhone and I expect it to be seriously expensive likely with a 32GB entry so we'll be charged at least another £100 for the 128GB. I think its obscene for a phone to be nearing a grand and on principle I might refuse.

I'm tempted by the 128GB iPhone SE. I like the model and its been great for the past year or so. I never take selfies so the FF camera isn't a concern. I tend to use bluetooth headphones but I still like having the input for conventional wired headphones.

I would like to experience 3D Touch and a Waterproof phone but clearly thats not happening on the SE.

I am probably appearing contradictory so please do offer me advice and suggestions.

2. CatherineVeraGat Suspended

So basically your doubling your storage and you're still going to have the horrible battery life. Doesn't seem like a smart way to spend your money if you want better battery life. Both iPhone SE generations have the same amount of battery life.

3. addictive thread starter macrumors regular

Battery life is fine in the SE and SE's battery lasts longer than 6S's battery. What I am saying is that the battery doesn't last nearly a full day now because I've been using it heavily everyday for a year.

4. CatherineVeraGat Suspended

Get a new iPhone SE, or wait for the iPhone 8.
    (iPhone 8 will have the same screen size as the Plus models but it will be in a more compact, smaller body, the same size as the 4.7-inch models)

5. bufffilm, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017

bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

If you want to experience 3D Touch, the only options are the 6s, 7 and the 7s.

Cheapest is the 6s. By Sept, the price of the ip7 will drop by $100. I doubt you would want the 7s...it's gonna be cost even more.

Of course, it's only money. You decide.

Frankly, if the SE is doing what you need, why sell anything?

6. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Wait until the end of the year and see what comes out, if you dont want those, go a generation back - and save some money .. telecom providers throw away iphones these days when you renew your contract, the older ones.. if there's an 8, you can get a free upgrade to a 6 or 6s basically. so why not.

7. maxjohnson2 macrumors regular

Keep it and wait for iPhone 8. Maybe do a battery change in the mean time. Personally, I don't see phones as investment.

8. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

If the OP can, I would wait until what the iPhone 8 will offer. It's under three months and sale prices on current models will continue to surface as we approach closer to the September launch

9. SparklyPickle macrumors member

I think it only last longer because the screen is smaller and resolution is less.