Want To Start Fixing iPhones As A Hobby

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by loon3y, May 7, 2012.

1. loon3y macrumors 65816

loon3y

I got my iPhone 3GS (to develop on) back from my friend who i've lent it too since he got a new 4/S,

lol when i got it back he he messed it up pretty bad, but its an old iPhone and i have my new one so i can careless.

but i do want to learn how to fix it for fun and so i can fix any problems i get on any newer phones and now i finally got a test dummy.

here are the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what tools what i need to fix this? and are there any sites that have good guides?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Tell your friend he is a douche for effing up your iPhone, decrease the size of the pics and go to ifixit.com.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

youtube has plenty of videos on how to dismantle iphones.

4. loon3y thread starter macrumors 65816

loon3y

lol any tool suggestions?

i mean dude ****ed up his iPhone 4 nasty status, and inevitably lost it at a cab in vegas helping me out cuz i was super smashed.

its not like he did it on purpose or just didnt care about the phone. dude is just clumsy with his phone

5. loon3y thread starter macrumors 65816

loon3y

6. iBrickedMyPsp macrumors member

iBrickedMyPsp

I ordered a iPhone 4 repair kit on eBay lol. It all works though. Usually they don't have instructions how to use them but on videos how to repair iPhones they use the same tools you'd buy from eBay.