Want to switch of ATT to a no-contract plan like Virgin Mobile - looking for feedback

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by StrangeMagic66, Oct 19, 2013.

1. StrangeMagic66 macrumors newbie

I am interested in either Tmobile or Virgin Mobile or Straight Talk (Walmart?). I currently pay $85 month (plus taxes) for only 450 minutes and 25 texts. Virgin Mobile offers a new iphone for $550 and a monthly play of 1200 minutes for $40 bucks with unlimited data and texts.

Has anyone switched off ATT to another carrier that was no-contract. What was your experience? Would you recommend? Also, do you live in a rural region of the country or urban? (I live in a rural region just north of San Francisco)

Advice is greatly appreciated. This is a big decision for me so the more feedback I have from other iphone users, the better.

2. David126 macrumors newbie

I just switched from Att to virgin this week, bought an iPhone 4S 16gb white for 249.99 at target, get them while u can..it's 100 cheaper than what virgin is selling for. So far I'm happy having unlimited data and the coverage is good in my area, can listen to pandora while driving and it doesn't cut off at all. The only tricky part was porting my number, it took 30 min. If u have more questions let me know.

----------

Oh and I live in Los Angeles area