Want to trade in for 32 gig

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Curryb244, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Curryb244 macrumors newbie

So I bought the 16 gig iphone 5 from radio shack and I have until the 21st to exchange it..... but i cant find anywhere near me that has any i5 in stock. I need suggestions on what I can do to solve this. I dont have any old phone I could activate until I get the new one.

2. kalexn macrumors 6502

What suggestions are you looking for? There really isn't any besides you either returning it and not having a phone or you keeping it. I think the only suggestion is for you to wait until the 20th or 21st and hope they have a 32GB somewhere for you to be able to not have a phone or keep the 16GB.

3. rangrbob macrumors member

Hope to get lucky. Keep in mind there is a waiting period from when you return the phone and when you are eligible for upgrade again. If you upgraded.

4. Noisemaker Guest

How about plan better in the future, instead of going through with a major purchase just for the sake of it?

No? You're looking for something more along the lines of instant gratification despite it being your mistake?

Yeah. We're fresh out of instant gratification.

5. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I was "forced" to get a 32GB as that is all I could find in stock.. I'm glad I did now, as I can use that extra space.

6. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I'm kind of wishing I got a 32GB one, but I'm content with the 16. As I bought mine from AT&T I would have to exchange it with them and they don't have any in stock. Next time I guess lol.

7. themkook macrumors newbie

Have them order the replacement phone before the 30 days expire. If you order and pay for the new phone ($299 for the 32 GB model) before your 30 days are over you should be able to keep the old phone until the new one arrives.

The downside to that is you will have wait to get the $299 back until the new phone arrives.

8. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

Talk to the store manager and tell him / her your issue. Maybe they can hold / save / order you a 32 ... Also maybe based on your situation they can return and resell you your 16 to extend your exchange period.

I bought a 16 as that is all they had (@ Apple store) tried to make it work but filled it fast. Was in same spot as you and the helpful people at the Apple store did so etching similar to extend my exchange period ... Business team called me when a 64 came in and I exchanged!

Talk to someone tell them what's going on ... Be polite but persistent! Good luck!

9. SonRK macrumors 6502

I am in the same radio shack boat. They refuse to do anything for me and say keep calling or just return it. I bought a 16 gig but already maxed it out. I bought mine out of contract so today i bought one today at 10pm inventory update from Apple Store 5th ave store. Will pass by there in a bit and return the 16gig phone tomorrow

10. SonRK macrumors 6502

11. PrestonWard macrumors member

No you chose to get a 32 gb.

12. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Guess you didn't notice the quotation marks. They imply a sense of sarcasm.

13. nostresshere macrumors 68030

You people that buy one thing and want to change it....

Can you imagine people buying a black car and taking it back for a red one

or buying a brown suite and taking it back after wearing it for a grey one

or buying a 42" tv and a week later deciding they want a 55" one.

Grow up and buy what you want.