Want to transfer pics to my Win 7 Photo Stream folder from my ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thedwolfe, Oct 30, 2012.

1. thedwolfe macrumors member

thedwolfe

I have taken pictures on my iPad that are in "my photo stream" on my iPad. I would like them to be wireless transferred to my photo stream folder automatically on my Windows 7 PC.

I can attach my iPad to my computer,copy all the pictures and paste them but I thought I was able to have them automatically transferred to my photo stream folder on my computer.

2. ScottW1 macrumors regular

Install iCloud Control Panel

You need to download and install iCloud Control Panel.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1455

Once that is installed and you sign-in via the tray applet, your photo stream will automatically be synced to your computer.

3. thedwolfe thread starter macrumors member

thedwolfe

Still confused and not sure the program will do what I wanted to.

I'd like to take pictures on my iPad and have them automatically sync to my photo stream on my Windows 7 PC. Is that possible?

4. ScottW1 macrumors regular

Yes

Yes. Once you install icloud control panel on your PC and sign-in using your appleID, your photostream (photos taken on ipad) will automatically be synced (downloaded) to your PC. Default location is "My Pictures\My Photostream".

In future, when you take a photo on the ipad, it will show up a few minutes later on your PC. (Wifi connection required -- if you take a photo when you don't have wifi, it will sync e next time you do have wifi).

An "upload" folder is also created on your PC, and placing a photo in that folder on your PC will add it (sync it) to your photo stream so you can view it on your ipad.

Just go to the link provided earlier, download and install. Make sure photostream enabled and sign in with your AppleID. Everything else is automatic.

5. thedwolfe thread starter macrumors member

thedwolfe

Not syncing

I have an iCloud account I'm signed into on my PC with is "wired" to my router incidentally . It's not a laptop.

I have a Photo stream folder in "My Pictures".

Nothing syncs to my PC. What am I not doing?

6. ScottW1, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012

ScottW1 macrumors regular

Double-click the iCloud icon in your Task Tray. That should display the iCloud control panel. Make sure the "Photo Stream" option is checked, and that you are signed into iCloud (if there is a "Sign out" button at bottom left, then you are signed in successfully).

On your iPad, go to Settings, iCloud. Make sure you are using the same account as you used on your PC. Make sure that "Photo Stream" is "ON".

If all that looks good... Take a photo on your iPad. Assuming it is on wifi, the photo should sync to the PhotoStream folder of your PC within a few minutes. (The iPad must be on wifi to upload photostream.)

Existing items already in your photo stream may not automatically sync down to the PC. But new photos should. To sync an existing item, you can view it on your iPad, click the "box with arrow" icon and choose "save to camera roll". This will add another copy to your camera roll, and that should trigger the sync to iCloud (and then from iCloud to your PC).

If none of this works... I would recommend resetting your photo stream. Open IE on your PC, go to icloud.com, sign in. Click on your account name at the top right, click Advanced, then click "Reset Photo Stream". When that is complete, try taking another photo on your iPad. It should show up in the PhotoStream of your iPad immediately, and then (assuming iPad is on wifi) it should show up in your PC's PhotoStream folder within a few minutes.

7. thedwolfe thread starter macrumors member

thedwolfe

Eureka! I reset iCloud and it worked.

Thanks for sticking with me. I had an operation on my finger and want to document the recovery and thought PhotoStream would make that convenient.

Blessing, Thedwolfe