want to upgrade 3gs to 4.1 with jailbreak+unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fahad2mail, Oct 24, 2010.

1. fahad2mail macrumors newbie

hi guyz, i am new here. this is my 1st post. ok, lets talk about business lol.

i have an iphone 3gs 16 gb(currently jailbreaked and unlocked via what method i do not know) running at ios 3.1.3 and modem baseband is 5.12.01 i think. i want to upgrade my ios to 4.0.1, or 4.0.2 like this.

now some information. i tried many ways. like downloaded custom firmware(4.0.1 modem baseband 5.13.04) and tried to cook it with snowbridge 2.2. it created a custom ipsw file which i tried to restore with help of itunes to my iphone(through in recovery mode). tried many times, but every time it showed an error like 16xxxx. and funny thing is now my iphone is not going to recovery mode also. its just shows apple logo(it is like half cut) 2 times and then off. but i can start it normally and can use it . in my settings i can see winterboard at down. and i did not see shsh written in my cydia(though i saw it previously written like shsh ios 4.0.1, 4.0.2 yes something like this. then i tried to save shsh through tinyumbrella, and it said it saved 4 shsh files succesfully to my pc and saurik server. but still i cant see shsh written in the upper side of cydia.

thanks for reading all of this junk! so can anyone please help me to upgrade my iphone to ios version 4 with jailbreaked and unlocked? thanks in advance.

2. fahad2mail thread starter macrumors newbie

ohhh by the way guyz, i do not have mac os. so i can not use pwnage tool. thanks.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

since you have a 3GS you can't do the trick w/ TU + limera1n to update to 4.1 The only way to update a 3GS to 4.1 and preserve a BB is to use Pwnage Tool, so get to a friend w/ a Mac or make new friends w/ a Mac user....

Also, for the next time, don't put everything in bold, it's really uncomfortable to read....

4. TangoDown macrumors regular

Don't worry about not seeing shsh's in Cydia. No one can at the moment, it's temporarily disabled.

5. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Find a friend with a Mac or put Pwnage Tool plus the 4.1 IPSW on a USB key and hit the Mac store up for a few minutes. Then go home and restore a backup to get back your pics, texts, etc.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with any other way to upgrade a 3GS without upgrading the baseband.

6. 2Southern macrumors member

2Southern

Just download ios 4.0.1 for 3gs, press shift while clicking on the "restore" button and locate the downloaded file.

Note: u must also change ur hosts file on ur PC.... AND HAVE A OFFICIAL SIM TO ACTIVATE THE PHONE.

When done restoring JB it via jailbreakme.com then add ultrasn0w repo and install the unlock...

this is pretty much all u need to do.

7. fahad2mail thread starter macrumors newbie

ops sorry about the bold bro. the problem is, in our country(Bangladesh) mac products are too much pricy so not everyone using it, at least not using any of my friends. there are some guyz who can do it but they charged a big amount of money just for upgrade it to 4.1 . and since i am using cooked 2.2 froyo rom to my desire, i do not want to go to them lol.

8. fahad2mail thread starter macrumors newbie

that is the problem. i live in Bangladesh which is not supported by apple yet. and there are some master sim available at the market but most of my friends saying that all time they do not work. so what i have understand is, i can not upgrade to ios 4 without mac.:(

9. fahad2mail thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried that trick also. in our country aloha ishop is only authorized mac store. but they did not even permit me to use mac for 5 minutes. it is really irritating.........

10. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

ok, the question is this? is your phone pwnaed? was the jb done w/ pwnage tool? if it was you could just create a custom fw of 4.0 w/ hacktivation and restore it in itunes using an older version of pwnage or find one in the web and just open iTunes and restore it on your pc. Only the new version of pwnage tool requires you to put it in DFU mode from inside the application. Is your phone from AT&T-USA? or another country?