want to upgrade but i'm Disappointed in 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Scottyfrombi, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Scottyfrombi macrumors member

I have upgraded every year or second year with Apple iPhone, but I am having a hard time justifying this time around. I have a 4s currently which still works great. Macrumors and other sites have described the main new features as "eh". The FP security is described as only marginally better than a 4 digit password and it is unlikely that banks or other secure sites will not use the feature in the near or even distant future. The 64 bit processor without more ram is no improvement. Camera is nice but still only 8 mp so cropping or blowing up photos is a challenge still. And most importantly the screen is still too small.

It will be very difficult to resist upgrading because I love new tech and Apple products, but I may have to put it off for another year for the iPhone 6.

I hope the new iPad has a better upgrade.

Do you agree or disagree? Will you upgrade this time or wait for iPhone 6?

2. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

The fingerprint technology is groundbreaking. It has existed and even implemented before, but nobody has ever got it right. In the past, it seem gimmicky. But now, it seems more towards a necessity. Well, not really, but for many people who crave a faster security clearance to various things like payments or even to unlocking the phone, it seem like a god send. No longer would I need to type in my password everytime i want to purchase an App.
    But of course, to some others it may still be a gimmicky feature. To me, Im fine with having it although I don't envision myself being too occupied with the feature when I get used to it.

I have an iPhone 5 and to be honest I am not too overwhelmed by iPhone 5S. Yes, there is a huge hardware improvement that really attracts me a lot, but theres it. I will wait for the iPhone 6, but if I am able to upgrade every year I would definitely upgrade to the 5S. But with my current 2 year contract, no. Right now, I'm contemplating whether to buy the 5S out of contract from Apple or not. I know this pretty much contradicts whatever i said, Lol!

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I love the honesty - feeling the same way. Except I have an upgrade available this year and next.

4. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

I will be getting the 5s but only because I will be doing an upgrade swap and giving a family member who needs a new phone my 5. I will still maintain my upgrade eligibility for the iPhone 6 which is what I'm truly looking forward to.

If not for the upgrade swap and helping out a family member I think I would have skipped this generation. The iPhone 5 is already blazing fast and the camera is already very good. The touch ID is cool and also convenient but I can live without. I guess what I really want is the bigger screen which is expected with the iPhone 6. We shall see though..you never know with Apple.

5. dojoman macrumors 65816

You should just buy an Android phone you know because everything with Android is so innovative. Who needs this fingerprint non-sense. Google will come out with something better with Green tea ice cream. Or just wait for Samsung Galaxy S5 with blood unlock. It will come with a stylus with build-in pin to poke your finger for a drop of blood.

6. stuffradio macrumors 65816

This seems like the popular answer to anyone.

7. juswest macrumors regular

You will eventually get it.

----------

Must you sound so childish.