Want to upgrade my jailbroken iPhone to 1.1.3...How can I still get my songs scrobble

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vegeta-san, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

I have loved my jailbroken 1.1.1 iphone for a long while now, but I really like the new features in 1.1.3. Two apps i cant get enough of with my jailbroken iphone are "mobilemoney" and "mobilescrobbler". I have found a web apps that can replace "mobilemoney", but, how can I still get the functionality of "mobilescrobbler" with my iPhone upgraded to 1.1.3? Anyone know how? Thanks.

2. skeen macrumors 6502

You can't, that requires native functionality.

3. Vegeta-san thread starter macrumors 6502

But I know that regular iPods (iPod classics) can have their information uploaded to their page thru the Last.fm program each time they connect their iPod....That can't happen with iPhones?

4. Vegeta-san thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I found a way, but it seems quite crude. I first downloaded iScrobbler for OS X. This program just chills in the top menu bar forever. Then, whenever I sync my phone with iTunws, I have to right click on iScrobbler in the menu bar and click "Force Scrobble" which moves over the recently played files from iTunes (which includes those my iPhone played) and then updates them to my last.fm account. Anyone know of a better way? One that does not require me to initiate it nightly by pressing "Force Scrobble"?

5. Vegeta-san thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you serious guys? Over 100 views and just 1 comment? I know this is possible, and we are all iPhone users here, so one of you guys HAS to know...Puhleeeez?

6. c99koder macrumors newbie

MobileScrobbler 1.4 is now compatible with firmware 1.1.3 using both jailbreak methods. You can install the latest beta by adding http://dev.c99.org/iphone-beta/ to your Installer.app repository list.

Note: If you use the dev team's official 1.1.3 jailbreak, the preferences app is not able to start/stop the scrobbler when you press the toggle button. You must reboot your iPhone for the change to take affect.

-Sam