want to upgrade your 8gb to a 16gb

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by justinwayne, Feb 14, 2008.

1. justinwayne macrumors newbie

i have spoke to a couple of differant people at apple and they told me the only way to change their policy on returns is a public outcry (lots of customer complaints) remember the $100 refund to customers how bought there iphone at launch . I am especially mad that they are going to lower the price of the 16gb to $399 we all paid that but have only half the memory if you want a 16gb iphone tell apple their return policy stinks after all we are the customers and arent we always right call apple or go to their website and let them know
    _________

2. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I don't think there is anything wrong with the price drop

I think it was semi-expected that the 8 was going to be phased out AND you got a great product that you paid for....you should be happy

Another 8 gigs is not the end of the world

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Where have you seen this? :confused: I have only read a "rumour" about it so far.
    Anything substantive?

4. ben5959 macrumors regular

Dude really?????
    wow, yah it sucks, but youre fighing a losing battle, price you pay for early adopters, I paid 599 for mine plus 100 dollar gift card, not a refund, but im not B******* about it. chillax broheem!

5. billpaxton macrumors member

billpaxton

you bought your iphone EIGHT MONTHS AGO... of course apple is going to release new technology, and of course they are going to make it affordable... get over it :)

6. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

I bought a Mac LC in 1990 with 8MB RAM, 16Mhz processor, and 80MB HD for $3000. Now Apple is selling computers that are much better and much cheaper. WTF?!? I think Apple owes me $2500 for the difference between my LC and the latest Mac Mini. Anyone wanna sign my petition?

7. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

Boy, my great grandpa must be rolling over in his grave.
    I mean the audacity of Henry Ford to release a newer, better
    Model T!:rolleyes:

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I couldn't agree more. Stop your f'in bitching. It's not like you bought it 2 months ago and they dropped it $200! While I think the bitching that went on over that was stupid at least Apple responded. They won't respond to this and if they do then Steve Jobs is a bigger ***** than I gave him credit for!

I too have the 8gb and really I paid $400 and got what I paid for. I may upgrade but right now I'm quite happy with it. OTB it was running 1.1.1 and I haven't installed any new updates. I hope people do not really think that new tech suddenly means they got a bum deal 8 months ago. I got mine less than 4 months ago myself.

9. sananda macrumors 68020

i have an 8GB that i bought in dec last year (just after they were first available in the UK). as far as i can see that same phone is still available today at the same price. there is a rumour that the 16GB phone will be reduced in price. i'm sure that won't happen for a little while as it wouldn't make any sense to introduce the 16GB and one price point and change it almost immediately.

sure, i'd quite like a 16GB phone but i was very happy to pay what i did for my 8GB and it's a great phone.

it seems to me that you, the op, are complaining about something that hasn't happened.

10. Monk Edsel macrumors regular

Heh, what sucks is getting an 8 GB iPhone for Christmas, and then the 16 GB model debuts a month and a half later. Of course, it was a gift, so I can't be too annoyed about it. :p:

What would be cool is if you could send in your iPhone to Apple and get the capacity upped for $150-$200 or something like that, all without voiding the warranty. I can't imagine that happening, though.

11. JCastro macrumors 6502a

Thats the price of advancement. I for one am excited about it. :D

12. rayward macrumors 65816

My original, iDay, iPhone crapped out the Sunday before the 16GB upgrade. Apple swapped it out on the Monday before the upgrade. I was irritated after the upgrade, because I thought that I had missed out on buying an upgrade for a hundred bucks. As it turned out, the replacement went loopy a few days later and it was replaced; an upgrade wasn't an option.

I didn't lose a thing, so I'm happy.

13. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

Consider yourselves lucky! I am one of the many people still stuck with a 4GB iPhone.

14. sananda macrumors 68020

it's still a nice phone you've got there joshellis625.

15. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

That's for sure, but I feel left out knowing I could've gotten a 16GB for the same price that I paid for this 4GB in August '07 ($500) if I had just waited. That's life I guess.

EDIT: I think the fact that I have a 30GB iPod for my music makes the 4GB bearable.

16. sananda macrumors 68020

well just think about how much storage your next phone will have!! enjoy the one you have now and in a year or two will be picking up an amazing replacement.

17. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Heh, me too! My 4GB iPhone works perfectly and the screen is great (5 series). Do I wish I had more storage? Of course! But I think I will wait for the next gen iPhone (maybe 3G) before I upgrade. Face it folks...before long there will be a 32GB phone!

Technology marches on...

18. justinwayne thread starter macrumors newbie

I appologize for the rude remark i am happy with my product and you are right i could have waited all i am saying is apple customer service said if enough people called they would change there policy i bought my phone right after christmas apple is a corperate giant i was just trying to catch a little slack from them aviously none of you want to and that is fine but i still wish there were something i could do like pay apple to up the memory of the phone i have or let me trade it in or something once again my appologeeze for the "rich arrogent *******" comment

I should have made this thread a poll