Want to work for Obama? Then pull out your diary

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FrankieTDouglas, Nov 13, 2008.

1. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

As I prepare to enter the big job market, sure there are lots of forms and information to dispense. But check out what you have to submit if you're interested in a big job working for Obama!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/13/us/politics/13apply.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss&oref=slogin

2. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

they want to know all the interwebs handles.

i guess we won't have a PRSI veteran in the white house :D

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

This isn't surprising to anyone is it? With the microscope we put politicians and their staffers through everybody should have seen this coming.

4. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Considering the craziness that's been going on... damn straight. The Obama administration has next to ZERO room for avoidable off-message embarassments. The unavoidable ones will be along shortly, followed by the fake ones.

~ CB

5. SLC Flyfishing macrumors 65816

SLC Flyfishing

I don't want to work for Obama. Fortunately for me, he's promised to make every effort to assure that I no longer have to work at all. I've got free healthcare and a big fat check in the mail now that he's been elected.

SLC

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It's called vetting, kids- something the Republicans didn't bother with for Palin. It's a very smart thing to do.

Oh please. Let's stay within reality, shall we?

7. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

yawn

8. SLC Flyfishing macrumors 65816

SLC Flyfishing

Am I wrong? Is Obama not going to make good on those promises?

I only work a few hours here and there to make a few extra bucks to supplement my scholarships anyway. And now I can have health care too!

SLC

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

True. It will be interesting to see how things in this arena continue to change as it becomes more and more common for people to be involved in social networking, internet forums, blogging, and the like. Today, they can probably still be overly conservative in their selection and not hire a cabinet member because she/he blogs. But there might not be many such good candidates in 20 years.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Where did he promise you a check in the mail every month? And have you even read the healthcare plan?

11. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Yes. Actually, I've never known you to be right about anything.

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Link please...

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Scholarships are just a fancy name for welfare.

14. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I could say what you are, but I just got back from a Time-Out, so I will hold my comments.

15. SLC Flyfishing macrumors 65816

SLC Flyfishing

No please! Let me have it :D

16. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Why not try to back some of your comments up with facts?

17. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Again... LINK PLEASE. :rolleyes:

I know you like to make these outrageous charges and then dance around trying to muddy the waters enough that you don't have to back up the stuff you say, but let's see you put your money where your mouth is.

18. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

What promises are you talking about?

Maybe you get a kick out of annoying people who didn't support your candidate, but it just proves you have either very little understanding of public policy or cannot think of any real criticisms of Obama(he hasn't even taken office, yet for pete's sake!).

19. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

not suprising, seeing as certain groups will pull up any muck they can to try to discredit Obama and his workers.

Remember? Guilty by association.....

I cant wait to hear in 6 months that Obamas a madman because he hired a man with a 51 dollar speeding ticket.

20. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I know I said somewhere that I voted Green Party. I'm out of the running. :)

I even saw some of his views as "hawkish" and said it on the net, in public, so I am definitely out.

I am glad he will be in office instead of McCain, but I hope he was only posturing when he talked tough on Iran, because the last thing we need is to invade them. I say pull out of Iraq, consolidate our soldiers, and go after Bin Laden wherever he is. But that theory doesn't sit well with either major party.

I thought we were in a war with terrorism, not in a discovery for new oil lands to plunder.

21. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Funny thing is, Obama would probably fail his own vetting process--guilt by association and all.:D

It would be interesting to review the reasons they use to reject people to see if they are holding them to a higher standard than they wanted to have applied to Obama.

22. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

You need to cut SLC Flyfishing a little slack here. He is correct on two points:

1) Obama has promised to provide health care to everyone (at least that is his hope), and it would be free for those who can't afford it.

2) Those who currently pay no taxes, which assumably would include those who don't work, would be a check in the mail in the form of a tax credit or rebate.

23. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Why should you cut slack to someone coming from a position of willful dishonesty or willful ignorance? He is either willfully distorting the mechanisms of welfare or willfully choosing to ignore the mechanisms of welfare. Either one is a transparently conscious decision made to present inflammatory and divisive opinions with more weight than they deserve.

24. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

so like a security clearance that many governmental employees have to go through? not too far fetched

you mean charity.... in fact most scholarships are from private donors and not government "aid"

government "aid" is in the form of grants and loans

25. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Security Clearance. Ugh what a @*#$^@$&#*k that was to get. Everything but a rectal exam. Then again, he might have slipped me a roof-o during the interview. :eek: