Want white iphone, can I still return?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xgm541, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

I want the white iphone rather than the currently black one I have. I purchased on launch day. Can i still exchange it?

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Who did you order from - Apple or carrier?

Apple has a 30-day return policy, as does AT&T. Don't know about other carriers.

3. bls8195 macrumors newbie

I am pretty sure you can but they may charge you a restocking fee.

4. Tanker-X macrumors member

I returned mine. I didn't do an exchange, just a flat out return. I then called AT&T to get my discount back (took 2 minutes). Then I went and bought another one. The white one is awesome! I wasn't charged a restocking fee either.

T-X

5. yui4 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Im the opposite. I want to go back to black but think I'm too late now I've used it a little. Oh well, no big problem

6. Jigga macrumors 6502

If you bought it at Apple you have 30 days regardless as to which carrier you have.

7. coolweirdo macrumors regular

coolweirdo

what if you purchased it online from apple could i exchange at a store or do i have to do a exchange online?

8. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know? Plus, do they reverse the upgrade that you used?

9. coolweirdo macrumors regular

coolweirdo

bump..... really wanna know. do anybody have the answer to this

10. mattalter macrumors newbie

Bought online from apple

I was told by by online staff that I might be able to return to store, but there is no official policy about this. Its up to the manager at the store.

At the apple store the manager said he could not do it.

Also, this would not be a swap, but a return and ATT would have to reset my upgrade eligibility. Which would take a few days. Once that is done, then I could buy a white one.

For me, this was too much of pain.

I have a black 16GB on ATT..

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

Call who ever you bought it from apple orange.carrier and se what they say. ;) oh get the persons name in case you need it.

12. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

13. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

14. NoHo macrumors 6502

I bought the white and realized real quick I wanted the black. I called AT&T (I ordered it online from them) and they said I would have to buy a phone at the unsubsidized price (I bought the 64Gb) of $800, then when I returned the white iPhone, they would credit my account.

I decided not to do it because it seemed like a pain in the butt so I have stuck with the white iPhone 4S. I don't like it, but it's still a great phone just with a really bad battery.

Also they haven't even charged me for my white iPhone yet so if I had gone through with the exchange, who knows how long it would have been before I was all squared away and was credited.

15. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

This is what I was told by an Apple online rep, too. I would have to wait a few days for my upgrade eligibility to be reset, and then I'd have to place a new order. I think that shipping times are a week or two out as well, so I'd be without a phone for a while unless I could get one on the store. I'd love to get the white, but this sounds like a big hassle. Who knows what other glitches might come up in the exchange? Possibly have to fight about my unlimited data plan? I might go to my apple store and see if they'll exchange it, but they probably won't.

16. Damn Dirty Ape macrumors member

Not true - I did. No issues, got 100% back to my CC. Verizon corp. store.

17. pirarre macrumors 6502

I have a sprint 16GB white iPhone 4s which I bought from the Sprint store. Now that sprint changed their exchange period from 30 to 14 days, I can't exchange it for a black one. I called them everyday before the exchange period expired and they said they didn't have any black iPhone 4's in.

I like the white version, but I would prefer a black one.

I'm hoping I find one locally that someone is interested on trading a black one for a white one.

18. Xgm541 thread starter macrumors 6502a

This seems like its too much of a pain. I was thinking it would be just go in and come out with a new color. Oh well.

19. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

You have 30 days to return to Apple Store full refund no restocking fee

20. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

If it aint white, it aint right.

21. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I thought the Apple store had a 14 day return policy for all products. Is the iphone different or am i mistaken?

22. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Verizon order returning to Verizon store might be fine, but Apple order generally cannot be returned at an Apple store.

23. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

opo

----------

[​IMG]

24. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

iPhone is the only exception.

25. ann713 macrumors 6502a

In most cases you can, but at the manager's discretion.