Wanted some reassurance -- Setting up Airport Extreme with AT&T Westell 327w :)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by yotoad, Aug 18, 2008.

1. yotoad macrumors member

in order to use my Airport Express' ethernet port for my network-ready scanner/printer, i bought an Airport Extreme (n). the big project is for me to disable my 327w wireless modem / router (g) that AT&T supplied, use it only as a modem, then use my Airport Extreme as my main wireless router (my Apple TV currently is connected to it via ethernet).

please correct me - so in preparation, i need to disable the wireless portion of my 327w while still letting it handle the internet connection (i believe it's a PPPoE connection).

does anyone know how to setup the AT&T Westell 327w for a modem-only setup?

once i figure out how to do that (!), i should be able to connect the first port of the 327w to the WAN port of the Airport Extreme. then configure the Airport Extreme however i want to.

then i can add my Airport Express (g) as a WDS client and enable the ethernet port. right?

does anyone have any experience with this kind of setup? thanks in advance!

2. yotoad thread starter macrumors member

3. tsutaz macrumors newbie

Using westell 327w as dsl modem only

Hi, I have similar requirement. Were you able to disable the router on the 327w and use it as a modem only? I have at&t dsl and will purchase an airport extreme tomorrow. I was thinking about calling at&t and sending back my 327w and getting just a dsl modem.

Thanks
    Taz

4. pl61ce1 macrumors newbie

Help

Can anyone help me. I have a similar need. Want to use the Westell 327W just as a modem and use my new Airport Extreme as my wireless router/internet connection. Thanks!