War on Women - Monday Edition

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Mar 19, 2012.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Not willing to let Arizona or Alabama out *******e them, Tennessee fired this shot today.

2. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Sweet! Now the state of Tennessee could have a public database (small government) so they can make it easier for people to find abortion clinics! And for the guys, a database of potential **** buddies who won't make them a baby daddy. Win win! See everyone, the glass is half full.

3. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It gets crazier every day.

Posting text of link above.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

From this thread, it appears the Republican response to criticism of the above is going to be:

CAN'THEARYOU-BILLMAHER-OBAMA-BOYSCLUB-OBAMA-MAHER-ANTIWOMAN-BOYSCLUB-EVIL-BILLMAHER-CAN'THEARYOU-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!

[​IMG]

Who's anti-woman?

5. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Bill Maher, LOL. The left has no Rush or Ann Coulter or Michelle Malkin so they go after comedians. Pathetic.

6. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Wouldn't it be incredibly dangerous to carry a dead fetus to term? Wouldn't it start decomposing and releasing toxins into the mothers body?

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Sorry but that information should not be made public unless you want all medical records to be made public like that. How is abortion any differences from that?

Way to much information is being put up.

Even if it was in a populated county you know anti-Choice nut cases will look for it and see if it fits any information form people they know and they will go harass them. Even if they did not get an abortion.

The anti choice people are nut cases.

It is not pro life group. It is anti choice vs pro choice.

8. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Maher may be a comedian, but Chris Matthews, Ed Schultz, and Keith Olbermann are not (even if some of them are jokes themselves)

9. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

That was my first thought. I'm sure that current medical privacy laws would ensure that this law never sees the light of day.

10. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Ahh yes, I saw this today. I'd say unbelievable, but.....well I'm just waiting for the 19th amendment to be repealed.

11. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

You see, Eve was first to eat from the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. I suspect that may be why so many of them are smarter than men, and men just cannot stand that. Hence, they must be put in their place, for humanity's exile from paradise was their fault.

What is even more infuriating to men is that women control the sweet, sweet candy, so men will always seek ways to control women. Except for the gay folk, who are all the more evil for not wanting to subdue women.

12. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Sadly it could be passed and then take a law suit to stop it. I would hope the state gets sued for millions over it.

I can not believe the state is demanding information that should be private is being made public. They act like it is open records crap but they just want to make it so the anti choice people can do harassing and send threats. Those threats you know damn well will include death threats at the doctor and the doctor's families.

13. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I think this would conflict with HIPPA. Of course, I doubt the Tenn. legislature is interested in statistical data, rather they're trying to develop a way to publicly shame women who get abortions, but considering the way that information can be handled, this could also drag in women who have other kinds of procedures as well. Effectively, it's an assault on women's medical privacy in the state.

Might as well release the prescription numbers of men who are on EOD pills too.

14. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

The GOP are like vigilantes. Anything to stop abortion is ok no matter who it hurts and no need for the law to get involved.

15. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

It's like Obama lit a match and threw it down the GOP ant hole.

16. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

God you got that right. he really has brought out the real race hate that is still in the US. I am ashamed of the US really.

17. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

I note the lack of conservatives attempting to debunk the whole "war on women claim".

It would seem that the weight of evidence is becoming a bit to much to bear?

18. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Let me guess this is all curtesy of the caring Republicans.:(

Don't these people ever do anything good and decent, or can they only forbid and destroy.:confused:

19. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

There's a reason they're called the party of no.

The republican agenda can basically be described as:

"we don't think governance works, it's only real purpose is legislating morality and fighting wars"

So to prove our point were going to wreck the government, to show everyone how terrible it is, and to get rid of the government.

The great thing is that liberals in this country are so freaked out by Republicans taking over that their very existence discourages a push for a more liberal government. IE* I'm no fan of Obama but i'll vote for him because I'm so scared of the alternative.

If the alternative weren't insane then I could vote for someone more liberal and even if they weren't elected I'd feel safe making that statement.

20. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I honestly think they're trying to create the Taliban West.

21. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Let's just have an abortion registry that lists the women, just like the ones for sex offenders. And for the those not online, having the women wear, I dunno, a letter "A". Perhaps in a color to make it stand out, say, scarlet.

22. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Seriously.

Why not just chain us all to the ground on hands and knees naked for men to penetrate and impregnate like the mindless breeding stock we clearly are.

23. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Where do we vote for you ? :D

24. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Why is it ok for billionaires and foreign corporations to use millions upon millions of dollars to secretly influence our elections, but it's ok to disclose the names of doctors and subject them to danger?