Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Games' started by Falleron, Nov 5, 2002.
Warcraft III version 1.04 is out. Thought you all may like to know.
Wonder if it allows WarIII to run with 2GB of RAM.
I'll log onto battle/net to get the patch....oh wait, no I won't. I have 2GB of RAM, and War III won't run...
I really hope they:
a) Fix this
b) Make it available via FTP
There is a note on their web site saying they will be release a stand alone installer. The fixes are :
* Fixed an issue related to full shared unit control and allied play that could cause one or more players to lose the ability to train or upgrade their own units.
* Fixed an issue that caused the experience point bars in Battle.net profiles to improperly reflect recently gained or lost points.
* Fixed a graphic issue related to the ladder profile and the scroll bar.
* Humans: Divine Shield duration increased to 15/30/45 from 10/20/30.
* Humans: Divine Shield cooldown changed to 35/50/65 from 60/60/60.
* Humans: Avatar cooldown increased to 180 from 120.
* Humans: Resurrection mana cost reduced to 200 from 250.
* Humans: Sorceress acquisition range increased to 700 from 600, improving the frequency with which Slow is auto-cast.
* Undead: Banshee acquisition range increased to 700 from 500, improving the frequency with which Curse is auto-cast.
* Undead: Anti-magic Shell is once again dispellable. A summoned unit under a shell does not take damage from the dispel, but will lose the shell.
* Undead: Anti-magic Shell mana cost reduced to 50 from 75.
* Undead: Sleep duration decreased on Hero units to 5/10/15 from 10/20/30.
* Undead: Web duration decreased on Hero units units to 7 from 20.
* Undead: Animate Dead mana cost reduced to 250 from 300.
* Undead: Player-controlled Ghouls no longer turn off pathing against units when they are instructed to harvest lumber.
* Undead: Possession now takes 1 second to cast, up from 0.
* Orcs: Wards are no longer hit by Huntress Moon Glaive bounce.
* Orcs: Critical Strike no longer receives damage from Thorns Aura. However, the Blademaster's base attack associated with a Critical Strike still interacts with Thorns appropriately.
* Night Elves: Thorns no longer interacts with Critical Strike.
* Night Elves: Mana Burn mana cost reduced to 50 from 75.
* Night Elves: Mana Burn drain amount reduced to 50/100/150 from 100/200/300.
* Night Elves: Mana Burn cooldown reduced to 7 from 9.
* Night Elves: Huntress damage reduced to 1d3+14 from 1d3+15.
* Night Elves: Metamorphosis cooldown increased to 180 from 120.
* Night Elves: Cyclone duration reduced to 10/5.5 from 30/6 (normal unit/Hero units).
* Night Elves: Starfall cooldown increased to 180 from 120.
* Night Elves: Druid of the Talon (in Night Elf form) acquisition range increased to 700 from 600, improving the frequency with which Faerie Fire is auto-cast.
* Night Elves: Ballista Impaling Bolt no longer functions with "Attack Ground."
* Night Elves: Ancient Protector cost reduced to 160/80 from 240/100.
* Night Elves: Ancient Protector hit points increased to 600 from 550.
* Night Elves: Ancient Protector armor decreased to 1 from 2.
* Night Elves: Ancient Protector minimum range reduced to 0 from 200.
* Night Elves: Ancient Protector ranged attack damage reduced to 1d10+44 from 1d13+51.
* Night Elves: Ancient Protector damage type changed to pierce from siege.
* Night Elves: Ancient Protector splash damage reduced.
* Creeps: Murloc Mutant damage increased to 1d5+24 from 1d2+12.
* Many minor changes were made to many maps due to the balance changes made in patch 1.03 and patch 1.04. Some examples include:
* (4) Lost Temple - Added more shallow water to the islands. Center creep camp is a bit harder. Added Ogre Magi to the corner Ogre creep camps.
* (6) Moonglade - Reduced all creep camps approximately 2 levels.
* (8) The Crucible - All start locations should now be very similar, close to trees with enough room to build. All Goblin Merchant creep camps are now farther off the main path.
* (10) Dustwallow Keys - Fixed the choke point in the bottom left. Moved Razormane creeps off the main paths.
* (12) Ice Crown - Fixed the creep levels so that all camps are equal.
NOTES: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions. (1.03 replays cannot be viewed with the 1.04 version of Warcraft III.) Custom save games will not load from versions 1.03 and below.
Looks like it is mostly tweaks to make the RPG freaks happy.
Little changes in the technical department..
Out of curiosity, how're these tweaks going to make RPG freaks happy? Also, I'm not one of em, hell I haven't even played after this new patch, but I'm curious.
I just thought that because of all the unit attribute tweaks.
Heck, I just play WC3 for the pure entertainment value, not how long a spell lasts or how far a unit can see.
If I recall, very few unit changes were introduced with the SC updates, back when it was released.
Guess the Blizzard people have been busy keeping the game up to date. I'm still angry about how the nerfed the orc towers and shawmen The patch does not do much for us RPG'ers because most people just custom config the heros.
I cant uncompress the Update! Stuffit (v.7.0.1) briefly opens + then closes without expanding it! Any ideas? I have tried to unpack the update in both OS9 + OSX.
UPDATE : I tried another download link + this one uncompressed fine.
I believe the changes are mainly meant to 'balance' out the sides to keep one side from getting an advantadge over the other just in it existing.
That's why they tweak mainly. StarCraft had tweaks like that as well.