Warning! Ebay seller Macvidcards selling Flashed 4870 1GB with fake 2 year Warranty

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by g4monsterau, Jul 28, 2010.

1. g4monsterau macrumors newbie

Hey All,

Just thought I would point out something that my friend came across on ebay. There is a seller on ebay peddling flashed video cards for mac that have fake warranty on them so be wary. (Macvidcards)

A friend of mine has bought a few cards from them, with out any issues is the past. They are currently selling some new HIS radeon 4870 1GB re-flashed PC cards for MAC. which they claim have a 2 year warranty? any thoughts? How can this be? when they have been re-flashed them, therefore from my understanding voiding any warranty.

When my friend asked about it, he was told to go away. Even though he was simply asking a basic question.....

Can the warranty actually still be true?

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

It's probably a seller warranty, rather than a manufacturing warranty. Still, if when asked they just told him to go away, doesn't sound too good.

3. Mrbill317 macrumors regular

Warranty

Its possible he also purchased squaretrade on it.
    Cheap and would cover it for 2 years as its based on ebay purchase not manufacturer sometimes.

4. g4monsterau thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think so, in there listing it states that its up to the buyer to register with HIS for warranty. I might contact HIS about this.