Warning! Ebay seller Macvidcards selling Flashed 4870 1GB with fake 2 year Warranty

g4monsterau

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2010
Hey All,

Just thought I would point out something that my friend came across on ebay. There is a seller on ebay peddling flashed video cards for mac that have fake warranty on them so be wary. (Macvidcards)

A friend of mine has bought a few cards from them, with out any issues is the past. They are currently selling some new HIS radeon 4870 1GB re-flashed PC cards for MAC. which they claim have a 2 year warranty? any thoughts? How can this be? when they have been re-flashed them, therefore from my understanding voiding any warranty.

When my friend asked about it, he was told to go away. Even though he was simply asking a basic question.....

Can the warranty actually still be true?

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
It's probably a seller warranty, rather than a manufacturing warranty. Still, if when asked they just told him to go away, doesn't sound too good.

Mrbill317

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2007
Warranty

Its possible he also purchased squaretrade on it.
Cheap and would cover it for 2 years as its based on ebay purchase not manufacturer sometimes.

g4monsterau

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2010
I don't think so, in there listing it states that its up to the buyer to register with HIS for warranty. I might contact HIS about this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.