Warning - Lightening cable stuck

louiek

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Knutters Knoll, Melbourne
Just a word of warning. The recesses in the top of my new lightening to USB cable are far deeper than normal usb cables. I just had to pry mine out of my apple wired keyboard by shoving a piece of plastic into the port to disengage the teeth. No idea if it's widespread, but there's a couple of threads on the apple support forums about it. If it gets stuck, don't yank it!!!

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
Just a word of warning. The recesses in the top of my new lightening to USB cable are far deeper than normal usb cables. I just had to pry mine out of my apple wired keyboard by shoving a piece of plastic into the port to disengage the teeth. No idea if it's widespread, but there's a couple of threads on the apple support forums about it. If it gets stuck, don't yank it!!!
I noticed this on my iMac yesterday; almost destroyed my computer trying to get it out.

imutter

macrumors 6502
I had ordered extra cables so I can charge in the car as well
I did get an extentsion USB cable today so son can charge in the back seat his phone. Just now I tried to switch it to the other car and it was nearly impossible to get it off . Good to know it is not jsut me