warranty question: want to buy in UK but live in Ireland

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TBi, Nov 21, 2008.

1. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

now that title is quite a mouthful. Anyway I found a good deal on a new last gen entry level MBP (£1070) in Manchester. But I live in Ireland. Does anyone know how the warranty will work if I have a problem? I'm only in the uk on holiday.

I'd check around the apple site but I only have my iPhone with me and it will take a long time! :(

Thanks in advance!

2. NinerRider macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure that Apple warranty is good worldwide. Doesn't matter were you buy it. Maybe someone else can confirm that.

3. hajime macrumors 68040

I think that the warranty is international. As for buying in the UK, you can try John Lewis department store. They have good services.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Agree. I'm pretty certain also that the Mac warranty has world wide validity but you can check that out with the Apple retailer when you visit the store.

Cheers and good luck

5. scanlanlee macrumors member

scanlanlee

With Apple you are ok - definitely

I bought my Macbook in the UK and had the palmrest dis-colouration. Apple sorted this out via Mactivate in Dublin as we don't have anyone closer up here in Donegal.

With the exchange rate as good as it is if you can get a good deal go for it!:)

6. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

Before you go, check out PC World. I was in my local one and they had good deals on last gen mbp's. I can't remember how much exactly, but I think it was in the €1,300-1,400 territory.

At least you'd have a local shop to walk into if something went wrong.

7. TBi thread starter macrumors 68030

TBi

I checked our local PC World (Mahon Point) and they didn't have anything. I got this for £1070 which is about €1270.

Although i was quite disappointed when i went through the airport and they have 20% off every (new) apple laptop including the last gen Air for £980.

No point worrying about it now. I'm transferring my 100GB's of stuff from my Macfook and may have a buyer for it :)