Warriors chasing best pro sports single season record

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 63dot, Dec 8, 2015.

1. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

LA Lakers had a season in the 70s where they put together 33 straight wins, with 30 in one year and several more in next year's part of the season.

A's put together 20 in a row in most amazing baseball run for AL team inspiring the movie "Moneyball", Patriots put together 21 regular season wins in a row spanning two different seasons, and Warriors sit up there at 22 and counting with Steph Curry putting up some numbers not seen since Wilt Chamberlin.

At this early point in the season Warriors are already expected to repeat their title.

2. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

3. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

4. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

Klay Thompson has been phenomenal the past couple of games. Hope the ankle injury isn't serious. They're already getting by without Harrison Barnes.

At least the team gets two days to rest after playing three road games in four nights. I was pretty sure the streak would end during this sequence of games, that fatigue or loss of focus would spell the end of it.

5. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

Incredible start to the season. Luke Walton is arguably one of the greatest coaches in sports history. :p

As far as all time streaks go, if this streak ended tomorrow I would say that the A's streak of 20 in a row is more impressive, but if the Warriors are able to push this streak to 30+...then I think we have a real debate on our hands. There are just so many more moving parts to a baseball game and they're decided but such smaller margins compared to basketball, the fact that any team could win 20 in a row is pretty amazing.