Was at London Drugs today and saw a screensaver on an iMac....

Discussion in 'macOS' started by maclover001, Sep 8, 2008.

1. maclover001 macrumors 6502a

maclover001

Hey,
    I was at London Drugs today (Canadian store that sells electronics and more) and they had an iMac on display with a screensaver that looked like "raining photos". It was pretty much a bunch of photos falling in front of a black background. Do you know what I mean?

Anyway, I looked at it and liked it alot. I went home assuming it was a built-in screensaver in OS X Leopard, so I checked it out. Not there. Just the Ken Burns thing, photos-falling-on-a-table, and mosaic. Maybe this screensaver got disabled in notebooks, or it was just a 3rd party one?

Just photos falling from the top of the screen, in front of a black background. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Sorry, I haven't seen it. I went through a lot of the screensaver downloads at Apple.com a few months ago and didn't see it then either. In OSX, the photo screensaver has 3 modes. 1 is a slideshow like powerpoint. The second mode is photos falling onto a pile. The third mode is mosaics made up of your photos that turn into a single one of your photos. Be sure to take a look at all 3 modes. If what you saw at London Drugs isn't one of those 3 modes, I suggest checking the downloads at Apple.com.

The attached photo is the dialog with option 2 of the photo screensaver. Note you must pick one of your iphoto events, then you can pick one of 3 modes by clicking one of the 3 "display style" icons just below the preview window. Is this what you were seeing? Photos falling onto a black surface landing in a pile? If so, then yes it's built in...

Attached Files:

3. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

maybe you can 'test drive' the iMac and find out what screen saver it is; sounds pretty neat

4. maclover001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maclover001

I saw it again!!

This time it was on an Apple TV. I actually described it wrong. the photos go UP, dot DOWN.

Some are "in front", while others are dimmed to make it look like they are farther back.

5. maclover001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maclover001

Sorry nope :(
    The photos fly up facing forward, not laying down.

Sorry this is so hard to describe.

6. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Have you asked the store employees? You could also go to screensaver prefs to see the name.

7. fluidedge macrumors 65816

fluidedge

there is actually a store called London Drugs. Are you serious. Who came up with that name? What's their logo a belt and a syringe?

8. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

Sounds like the Apple TV screen saver. Never seen it on a Mac though.

9. maclover001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maclover001

10. maclover001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maclover001

Hmm strange how it got on the iMac. Maybe it was the doing of Front Row?