Was Comey's secret twitter account just exposed?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Mar 30, 2017.

1. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Well the man himself said something along the lines of Privacy is not guaranteed.

2. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Gained a ton of followers since the article - locked his account and deleted all his tweets. I'd almost say that's admission of it being his...

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

He may be in public safety, but apparently didn't think to tell his kids about PERSEC. It's a shame that one of the guys leading the fight to collect as much data as they can, doesn't like it when his data is what is being looked at.

4. zin Suspended

Two things:

Is it really ethical to publicly share the (supposed) private Twitter account of the Director of the FBI?

What's the point?

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

It's ironic. Ethical? I don't think so - it's there on the internet. As I tell others - if you don't want your information public, don't post it online.

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

"I care deeply about privacy, treasure it. I have an Instagram account with nine followers. Nobody is getting in. They’re all immediate relatives and one daughter’s serious boyfriend. I let them in because they’re serious enough. I don’t want anybody looking at my photos. I treasure my privacy and security on the internet. My job is public safety."

Well Comey you might want to tell the other republicans that.