Was forced to reformat and restore my main HD, now Recovery Partition lost!?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by overmedium, Aug 5, 2012.

1. overmedium macrumors newbie

Hello,

Just the other day i was getting the status bar showing on the boot screen, and very s.l.o.w. boot times. After a number of re-boots my imac 2011 10.7.4 would not boot at all. I ran Disk Utility/ Repair disk and was told it could not be repaired, so I was forced to reformat and restore my HD (original internal 500G that came with computer). It's working fine now, and I'm glad I belong to the camp of "backs their stuff up semi-regularly."

Anyways, I just noticed that the Recovery Partition does not show up at all when I boot while holding down 'option' key. It's as if it was never there. When I did the restore, I used Super Duper, and I only reformatted/restored the main partition, not the whole HD.

any suggestions to remedy?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you try holding option-r down to get into the the recovery partition?

3. NewToiMac2012 macrumors newbie

Cannot access all 3tbs

I recently was used Acronis True Image in order to use vitual drive on XP Machine. Then when I moved the drive to iMac I can only see 801.57 GB in Disk Utility.

Any ideas?

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

No harm in leaving it off for now. If you need it later, you can do Command+Option+R to boot into the Internet recovery partition. This will let you redownload Lion and install a recovery partition to your hard drive in the process.

5. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Instructions here.

6. overmedium thread starter macrumors newbie

I just tried that a few times, and nothing happens.. it just boots like normal.

----------

Sorry i don't have an idea about your problem & I'd recommend you start a new thread on the so a lot more people will be able to see your post.

----------

uh oh, i just tried that and get this: a pic of an exclamation point plus "apple.com/support", "-6003F". I tried apple.com/support and searched for -6003F and no articles come up.

----------

looks complicated, but that's probably my answer.

----------

thanks everyone for their input!