Was holding out but now I need an iPhone. Which one did I get?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techguy15, Dec 16, 2015.

1. techguy15 macrumors member

So I posted here a few months back about getting an iPhone and ditching my Android but ultimately put it off because I felt like I was paying too much for a 4S from my co-worker. So I stuck it out with my cheap Android. Now I'm regretting it. This phone has gotten worse and it now shuts off at random times during game play, lags more and is just aggravating. I bypassed the 4S but now I feel like that even that phone would be better than this. My main question: I'm on somewhat of a budget but which model should I go for? 4S, 5, 5S?

2. sunapple macrumors 6502a

sunapple

5S.

4S is currently the oldest still supporting the latest iOS, wouldn't get get that even if it's cheap.

My parents are using a 4S and 5, but both phones have short battery live and are getting slower by the day. Quite normal for older phones, they're not lasting long anymore.

The 5S has speed close to the iPhone 6 and is fairly recent as it's still being sold new. It's the phone that gets you the best experience of the three. Worth the extra money IMO.

3. nordique macrumors 6502a

4. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Yes, agree completely. If you can swing the cost the 5s. It was a great phone when I had it.

5. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

5s is your best bet. Especially if you are planning on keeping it for awhile.

4s & 5 are outdated. Still usable, but for how much longer?

5s is still being sold as new, so pretty good chance it will still be usable for quite some time to come. Have 2 x 5s in my household and they are a very capable phones.

6. roniphon macrumors member

I think that depends on your budget. If you have enough funds available you can grab the latest version of Iphone. That would be the best idea. Everything depends on your budget.

7. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

If you can afford it, I'd get the 5s for sure. Its technically still a current model and TouchID is so much better than not having it. If you are in the US you might try Gazelle as they have them for around $250 in mint condition

8. Vicrooloo macrumors regular

The one with the highest number possible within your price range

Unless you like small phones

9. aKansasKid macrumors regular

Do you have a link to one? I can't see any iPhone 5s's on Gazelle except Fair and Good, and the Good run more than $250. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, though I tried all the carriers.

10. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

11. bushido Suspended

bushido

i still have an old 5 i use occasionally and i want to throw it against the wall sometimes. so slow, cant even imagine a 4S. 5S for sure

12. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If money is that tight you could get a more powerful phone for the money from Android.

Apple always demands a premium price.

13. geta macrumors 6502a

No doubt 5s, unless you're getting the 4s\5 for free.

14. techguy15 thread starter macrumors member

Hey guys thanks for the feedback! Been busy the last week so I'm just now replying. After reading up on your comments and reviews I definitely think the 5S is best suited for me. Probably getting one in the next week or two -- I just have to find one at the right price :) thanks again guys! I'll keep you updated.