Was hoping I could go naked

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psblake, Sep 21, 2012.

1. psblake macrumors member

I ordered a black Iphone 5 32 today from AT&T after calling in and threatening to just pay the ETF and dump them they bumped me up in eligibility so I went for it. Saw the drop tests on the front page I thought, "Hey maybe I can go naked!" and love the looks of the black Iphone. But after ordering the black and reading all the scuff complaints I figure I will have to get a case again. I really think that it is silly that Apple has these dumb issues that nearly require a bumper or case! First the antenna issue on the 4 now the scuffing. I wonder who will be the first person to strip all the Black off of the phone and have a real shiny naked aluminum Iphone 5? LOL

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I am just not going to worry about it. I've already sort of put mine through the ringer today because I got an awful case and had to force it in and then wrangle it off. Not a scratch.

If I do start getting scuffs, I'll eventually probably just remove the coating. I think it would look kind of cool, actually.

In the meantime, I'm going to find a squishy silicone case - have one for my 4S and it is in perfect condition.

3. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

What a shock, you drop your phone and it scuffs. There isn't a phone in the world that doesn't scuff or show damage when dropped... well maybe the Nokia 3310 is the exception.

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I picked this up today from a Verizon store for 24.99. It's a 2 part case. The inner part is a soft silicone and the outer piece is a hard plastic shell that wraps around it.

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Yeah of course it will but people are talking about marks appearing with only light wear and tear. Wonder if we'll see a YouTube of someone using a green sponge scrubber to remove it like the ones used on the antenna band and in the back of iPods

6. psblake thread starter macrumors member

Frankly I am not worried about a drop scuff or damage but the scuffs from keys or change in my pocket or just normal handling. With the 4S I have I decided that I was not going to put a screen protector on it s and the glass is perfect! Was hoping the aluminum back would be tough on the 5 without fear of scratches from normal things in the pocket.

7. palasmidas macrumors newbie

Naked really looks good in both iPhones, the black and the white.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

If you make it a habit to keep keys and change in the same pocket you keep your phone, yes it will scratch. My wife throws hers in her purse. She has never dropped it. There are noticeable scuffs, mostly around the bezel.