iPad Was hoping to get an iPad 5 in Black/Slate

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mpayne2k, Sep 11, 2013.

1. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

Looks like the iPod lineup got updated today with the Slate color being bumped for the "lighter" space grey. I am a big fan of the Slate, have had it on my iPhone 5 (though moved to a white/silver), iPad Mini and iPod Nano.

I was really looking forward to getting an iPad 5 as I've sold my Mini recently. My first choice in color was the slate. Now it looks like they have discontinued this color on all devices :(

Anyone else a fan of the stealthy slate color?

2. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

I think they're going for more durable colors now. The black was too fragile.

3. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

Same, however cant wait to see what space grey looks like in person. Also in before a gold one shows up.

4. nStyle macrumors 6502a

There's no such thing as a more "durable" color. Sure, it may show up less but it's not necessarily more durable...it's still aluminum and anodized with chamfered edging.

I agree though I too am a little disgusted with this discontinuation of black on the iPhones by themselves.

5. mpayne2k thread starter macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

My Mini in Slate was rock solid, no scratches on the slate what-so-ever. I do think I may baby my device more than I see others do with theirs, but still, I don't think the Space Gray will be anymore durable than the Slate was for my Mini.

6. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

I definitely love the slate coloring and will be thoroughly disappointed if they replace it with the space grey like they did with the 5S. I was looking forward to getting a slate 5S...but the grey replaces it. Sucks :( the light grey back plate just clashes too much with the black glass.

I could deal with it more on my future iPad mini (when they release), but it's not forgivable for the 5S.

My opinion aside, they did also replace the iPod touch's slate with space grey, so I'm almost certain they will do it for the iPad's as well :(