Was I the Only Person to Buy a Gold iPhone at Retail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Sep 30, 2013.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I swear I found the only gold iPhone on the East Coast. Been checking inventory for days. Honestly curious if I found Apple's retail testing location for the gold 5s post-launch. There's one store out of 100 or so I checked that had it launch day that got it again last week.

2. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

3. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

4. kiyonepbs macrumors newbie

kiyonepbs

5. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

I got mine at an apple store also but it was a total shot in the dark.

I got it last Monday and waited some hours before they opened, mind you I didn't know what stock they had so I could have waited hours for nothing

First in line and lady told me they had one Gold 64gb att from the previous night that apparently no one got.

It was crazy because it was the same size and carrier I wanted, snatched it up right away

6. tharepairguy macrumors member

I got mine at a best buy. 64gb verizon goldie. They had 10 of said configuration :)

7. epphllps macrumors 6502

Got mine at a best buy 9-30. Only gold they have had at all. They thought it was silver as they told me that on the phone. Ran over to pick it up and walked out with the first gold iPhone they have sold since launch. Again, a total shot in the dark.

8. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

9. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Meant in a retail store.

10. fieldsphotos macrumors 6502

Believe it or not, the Best Buy in Santa Clarita CA only had 64GB Gold Vzw phones in stock around 5pm this last Sunday. And only Silvers at the Valencia Apple store.

My husband was looking for Space Grey in 64, so he was outta luck. Crazy based on the stories here that they had those colors in stock late on a weekend day when you know they didn't get any Sunday shipments.

Maybe all the golds are going to Best Buys.

11. syd430 Guest

Now i'm hungry, thanks.