Was Prince Salman killed..?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stylinexpat, May 28, 2018.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. He's made a lot of enemies and been responsible for far too many deaths.

2. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Isn’t he the dude who called for a reform in the country and an embrace of moderate Islam?

3. darksithpro, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018

darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Wasn't there an assassination plot against him in Vegas recently that failed? He was supposed to be in his hotel, where like a dozen assassins got into his room, but he slipped out earlier as a commoner to play cards at the Tropicana and was evacuated out by SWAT from what I've read.

4. skunk, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018

skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That's the one. Nothing moderate about the slaughter in Yemen, though.

5. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

That was the PR spin, yes.

6. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

Did not know that, thanks for sharing.

7. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Yea, the MSM had a media blackout about this. Supposed to be hush hush that an assassination attempt was made.

8. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

I think he had a good side to him and a bad side to him. The good was very good but the bad was also very bad. The bad side meant he created many enemies and in the Middle East that is one of the worst things one can do. When you create that many enemies you have to start worrying about your own life which is not good. When you create enemies with billionaires it’s not good.The very wealthy are very well connected as well. Aside from that I think he created many enemies inside the ruling family as well which is a huge No No in Saudi Arabia
    --- Post Merged, May 28, 2018 ---
    A lot of talk about this now in Middle East. Supposedly that last shooting that took place in Saudi was not to bring down a Drone plane but rather to bring him down Unconfirmed now but this is word on the street. A high level official was in Saudi this week or last week and apparently he did not meet with Prince Salman which was odd then you had a major sell off on oil last Friday.

9. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Not the most reliable source, but the Moonie Times dismisses the reports,

The State Department has dismissed the claims as fiction. One U.S. official told The (Moonie) Times on Tuesday that the several Arab outlets were running with reports based on “rumor, gossip and innuendo” being promoted by “possibly Iranian sources.”

And, well, the US State Department, as part of this administration, can hardly be relied on for accurate information.

Still, it seems likely that MbS has simply decided to be a bit more cautious. Saudi royalty, TBMK, are not typically renowned for their public prominence.

10. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

It is pretty hot this week in Riyadh so he could be hibernating. Then you have Ramadan this month also so he probably sleeps all day and wakes up just before it’s time to break his fast.

11. stylinexpat, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018

stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

I am not 100% sure on this so don’t quote me as saying 100% but from what I am getting is that he was killed and confirmed killed now by government sources

Unless this is a fake paper/certificate he MAY have been really killed. Some people say this is fake and is a rumor while others believe it is real.

I am leaning on the fake side now the more I think about it as no funeral has taken place. According to Islamic beliefs he has to be buried within 24/48 hours after his death and it would be highly unlikely that a ruler like him died with no funeral.
    86AEA367-40CD-4386-A8B5-430EE93938AC.jpeg

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

No, he’s the guy who tried to put a friendly face on the government of SA while doing a propaganda tour throughout the USA. It was part of a diversion to gain American support while ignoring the atrocities we’re committing in Yemen and whatever war SA wants us to get involved in next.

13. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Yes, that’s the one.

14. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I suppose it’s possible. He did put quite the target on his head. There are rumors he was at least wounded in the alleged attack at his residence. I suppose at best he’s lying low... really low, due to safety concerns?

I’m not sure how long one can go on with this supposed ruse before people figure it out. Alternatively, I’m not sure how you can hold your power being absent.

Mysterious indeed.

@stylinexpat- do you read Arabic/do you have a translation on that document.

15. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

I can not read or write Arabic but can speak the language. From what I was told and understood was that it says that he was found to be shot and killed in Riyadh when that shooting took place. He apparently received two bullets to the chest and died from the Bullet injuries. The Dewan is saying to bring him from the hospital for burial.

The odd part though is in Islam and a Judaism when a person dies he must be immediately buried so I find this to be possibly false. Some say this is an Iranian propaganda news. Some say he is resting to recover from his injuries and keeping a Low profile. Others say he is fine and all this is false Iranian propaganda news. I am curious though. Time will tell I reckon. They Can’t keep this quiet for too Long. I doubt they would have buried him in secret. Such a high ranking Saudi official from the royal family to be buried in secret seems very very unlikely I reckon.

16. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Correct on the burrito ritual. I suppose the burial could have been done in secret or maybe they’re willing to put politics over religion. I think a secret burial would be difficult but not impossible. I suppose he could also be in a coma or vegetative state so he might not “technically” be dead.

Indeed. Time will tell.

17. stylinexpat, May 30, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2018

stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

Not sure if you saw this previous video of the shooting that took place at the Palace.

Is it possible that some kid or teenage kid was really playing with a drone over the palace for the fun of it, to **** with them, with intent to harm , or maybe to get a glimpse of the palace (then things went wrong). The other possibility was this gunfire was a gun battle of two parties or groups in a gun battle. Was this gun fire trying to shoot down a drone over the palace as the local media claimed or was it really a gun battle between his guards and those trying to take him out.

18. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

we'll only know for sure when he shows up in public again!

but SA is claiming he's alive;

from a report from The Observer on 5-25-2018

19. Zenithal macrumors 604

Sounds like Iranian propaganda indeed. I think it's wiser for him to stay within the palace as opposed to step out. That implies I don't believe the rumors that he's been assassinated. Melania Trump hasn't been seen in public in over two weeks and people think she's sleeping with the fishes. I never realized that public figures must be in the public eye for more than two days at a time to quell any silly rumor.

Fix your autocorrect.

20. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

Both have not been seen in 20 days

21. Septembersrain macrumors 68040

Septembersrain

I see endless conspiracy theories headed out...

22. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I smell an affair.

23. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

I think he liked her and she has not been too happy with tRump recently ;)

Wonder if tRump and Salman struck a deal. tRump likes deals lol :D

24. Zenithal macrumors 604

That's a patient who's soiled themselves.