Was supposed to get 5 free blu-ray movies with my PS3 Through Amazon?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by lazyboy922, Jul 25, 2008.

1. lazyboy922 macrumors 6502

lazyboy922

Has any of you ordered your PS3 through Amazon and used the 5 free blu ray movies coupon? I ordered mine on January 17, 2008 , and filled out and mailed in the coupon, only to never receive my movies! It was the Spider Man PS3 movie bundle. I don't even know who to contact in this matter? Amazon?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Contact whomever you sent the stuff to. Be it Amazon or Sony.

TEG

3. lazyboy922 thread starter macrumors 6502

lazyboy922

4. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Read the fine print: Buena Vista Home Entertainment. That means the parent company is Disney.

This promotion was created and backed by the Blu-ray Disc Association. The form you linked to in your message was the same form that would have been used by anyone purchasing an eligible Blu-ray player during the promotional period. I have a feeling that you did not provide all of the proper information. Did you cut out and provide the correct, original UPC from the box (PS3 boxes have multiple barcodes on them)? Did you provide a photocopy of the full receipt, showing the purchase price, purchase date, place of purchase, etc..?

Sadly, you have no way to find this out...or if they even received your mailing. The forms were either processed for fulfillment or destroyed. I'm guessing that your envelope was either lost or it was rejected due to incomplete information. If it was processed, you would have received your discs no later than April.

There's always hope that the package was lost in the mail and you'll be getting it eventually. But I would prepare to be disappointed.

5. naftalim macrumors 6502

Just 2 weeks ago I got my 5 BluRay movies coming to me after purchasing a Sharp BluRay player ages ago. I think it took 5-6 months to get them. Its the BluRay consortium that gave them away.

6. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

7. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

That does nothing to help the OP...

If you're unsure who to contact it might be worth just getting in touch with all of them.

8. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Mine took 4 months from the time I got my PS3 last December...

9. Saar macrumors newbie

Bought my PS3 mid November 2007 and received the disks mid-March.

10. mchank macrumors regular