Was there an iPhone 4s shortage last year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brad9753, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Brad9753 macrumors member

Brad9753

Does anybody recall what happened last year? I ordered mine as soon as it went on pre order and got it on the launch day so I didn't really pay attention.
    Was there a shortage and a long wait for people who ordered after the launch date? Were there ones selling on eBay at higher prices?

Don't know if I can be bothered to wait on the pre order day this year for hours on end for the site to work again..

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

There is always a shortage on launch day of new apple products.....retina display, iphone, ipad (at least the original)......it always happens =/

It has more to do with the time they start production. If they started it too soon, these leaks would be out months in advance. It is kind of a trade off.....late production = less supply.

edit: like the user below said....it is not really a shortage b.c they are getting new supplies so often, but the lines are hours upon hours and they will run out on day one, but have more the next day.

3. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I don't think there was a shortage. Well, not at the Apple store here.

4. THEAnonymous macrumors member

No actually, from what I remember last year there seemed to be quite ample supply of the 4s...which really seemed to piss off a lot of eBay gougers.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I think if you ordered online at some points the "2 days" estimate turned into "4 days."

I'm not sure if you call that a shortage or not. I guess so, but it's not like you couldn't get one. You just had to wait a few more days.

6. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Not like the iPhone 4 was. I think they sold out online but stores had ample stock most of the day.