Washington DC Apple / AT&T Store MeetUp

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by codyv, Sep 18, 2013.

1. codyv macrumors newbie

Anyone heading to any of the DC stores? I'm planning on going to the huge AT&T store in Chinatown, or possibly the Apple Store in Georgetown (but I expect that one to be packed). Anyone pick up at launch from either of those stores and know what to expect?

2. RulinSmoove macrumors member

RulinSmoove

We're debating this right now. A few of us are going to be buying unlocked iPhone 5s's and saving our AT&T upgrades for iPhone 6. My iPhone 5 is on eBay right now and just hit the reserver for $425, so I'll use that to offset the cost of the unlocked.

We plan to drive by the Apple Store Georgetown around 5:15pm tomorrow and scope it out. I wouldn't be surprised if there were anywhere from 20-80 people in line, which should still be fine... but you never know. **** could be around the block onto Wisconsin!

3. codyv thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool. I imagine both of those stores will have plenty supply. I stopped by the AT&T store in Chinatown today and talked to an associate that was there last year. He said they had stock all throughout the day, almost until they closed that night. I'm going to head there tomorrow night around 2 am. It's about 2 blocks from my apt so I'll be monitoring it all evening. Good luck over in Georgetown!

4. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

I work 2 mins from the AT&T store in friendship heights and I'm so tempted to go there but rumors are that carrier stores are only getting the space grey color.

I'll probably bite bullet and go to the Bethesda Row Apple store. The stock at an Apple store is just more guaranteed.

5. codyv thread starter macrumors newbie

I work really close to that store in Friendship Heights too (2 blocks away). The associate I talked to there said they didn't get many last year and they had more people in line that morning than phones to sell. I though about hitting it up before work, but it seems risky.

6. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

I preordered mine last year but stood in line at that store with my friend. We got there at around 6 and she was 6th in line.

I want a gold 32gb and don't want to gamble with them not having one.

7. zachy85 macrumors 6502

zachy85

Hey guys, in the same boat, but with Verizon. Debating about going to the VZ store in Bethesda (or DC), or the Apple Store up in Bethesda.

8. RulinSmoove macrumors member

RulinSmoove

In line, got here about 30 minutes ago. About 15-20 people in front of me, and about 5 behind me.

9. codyv thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you at the Georgetown Apple store?

10. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

11. codyv, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

codyv thread starter macrumors newbie

I eded up going to the AT&T store in Chinatown. There's literally 10 people here at 6 AM, but this store is known for getting hundreds. I think I hit the jackpot. Any At&t subscribers in the area should check this place out. I'm not sure about their color variety, but they're going to be stocked.

12. surferfb macrumors member

surferfb

What's the line like now? May swing by if it's still quiet there.

13. codyv thread starter macrumors newbie

14. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

About 20 people in line at Friendship heights as well. I ordered online but as it is one minute from my job I'm super curious.

15. surferfb macrumors member

surferfb

16. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

Nope they haven't come out yet. I'll update once I know anything.

17. codyv thread starter macrumors newbie

18. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

Friendship heights AT&T store only has space grey as well. Just as I thought. 1-3 days shipping is looking mighty good right now.

19. codyv thread starter macrumors newbie

Just snagged my 32 Gig Space Grey, and it's preeeeeeetty. Chinatown had a bunch, but the line had doubled it's size by the time I left. What color did you order Sydia21?

20. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

Gold 32 gb AT&T

----------

The guy at AT&T store said that they could order the gold or silver in store but it would take three weeks for shipping. I just feel sorry the people that didn't get their order in at 3:01 this morning when online orders opened up.

21. NatronB macrumors regular

Thanks everyone for the updates. Georgetown Apple Store line was 150 yds long, easy. Any update on their supply?

AT&T at 18th and L, NW had only grey in stock this morning. Placed a "pre-order" at Radio Shack at 15th and L, NW: ZERO faith that will be honored.

I believe Columbia Heights Target and Best Buy do not have gold in stock, any thoughts?

Thanks,

-N

22. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Best Buy seems to have been exhausted.

"There are not any stores within a 50 mile radius of 20191 with any of the displayed products in stock."

23. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

I checked Best Buy this morning at 3am for same day pickup and none in the area had them availible.

24. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

They showed In Stock in Gainesville this morning, but that would have been a bit of a hike.

25. surferfb macrumors member

surferfb

Chinatown wouldn't let me buy the phone at full price. They were going to require me to sign a new contract, so I walked out without the phone. Not sure if that is official policy or not, but sure makes T-Mobile look attractive in 12 months.