Washington, DC - iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by DaveRsauce, Oct 9, 2011.

1. DaveRsauce macrumors newbie

DaveRsauce

The three stores in the immediate metro area are: Georgetown, Clarendon and Pentagon City (IMO). It's my understanding that all stores will open at 8am. I spoke with the Pentagon City location and they are saying the Mall doors will open at 5am for iPhone customers.

Last year for the iPhone 4 I chose the Georgetown location and arrived at 5am. At that point my start location was down the block, around the corner just past the big PNC bank on M st. I finally purchased my phone at 12:30pm.

This year I will be choosing the Clarendon location. It's the closest to my apt. and probably the least busy when considering other activities not related to the Apple store (traffic, pedestrian traffic). It's also near the Starbucks ;)

So, anyone else joining me? I'll be arriving around 4am. See you all there!

2. lositilos macrumors newbie

4am Clarendon... I was thinking the exact same thing! I will be there.

3. 545h4 macrumors newbie

What about Tysons? If it's crappy out...

Plus, it is the oldest Apple store after all. ;)

4. lositilos macrumors newbie

Dave, since you live nearby the Clarendon store, can you drive/walk by tonight and give us an update if anyone is camping out? Just curious to see if people are getting an early start.

5. KDDatabase macrumors member

I was also wondering about Tysons. I was originally thinking about camping at Reston (BTW, I'm hijacking this into a greater metropolitan area thread :p), but with the rain it would be nice if Tysons let people stay in the mall overnight. Anybody know if they'll do that?

6. Iconocat macrumors member

There is an Apple Store in Fairfax at Fair Oaks Mall (pretty much down the street from me.) I thought about just heading down there later tomorrow just to see how many folks showed up. :)

7. JW008 macrumors 6502

Dave, I'd appreciate that, too. I'm in Ballston and was thinking about heading over around 6am. Maybe, loistilos and I will chip in for some Starbucks for you! :)

8. lositilos macrumors newbie

Hell yes! Actually, I'm going to head up there after work today to take a look and see if anyone is lining up already. I'll keep you posted.

9. JW008 macrumors 6502

I'm heading to the 9:30 Club to see Lisa Hannigan, I'll try to swing by there on my way back (probably around midnight).

10. lositilos macrumors newbie

cool.. I'll have my overnight bag packed just in case!

11. DaveRsauce thread starter macrumors newbie

DaveRsauce

Will do. I'll be checking on it periodically and probably head over around 6:00pm and 12:00am just to make sure the lines aren't like those already in Japan.

Furthermore, you can follow me on Twitter @DavidBRogers where I'll provide live updates about the Clarendon store.

Also, brave the rain as most people will have the same idea to look for stores inside a store away from the rain.

12. JW008 macrumors 6502

Sounds great. Thanks, Dave. I'll give you a follow on Twitter.

13. lositilos macrumors newbie

At Clarendon now. If I stay, I'll be number 2 in line. Really tempted to stay and just might.

14. JW008 macrumors 6502

My vote is for you to stay and to tell everyone who tries to get behind you in line that they cancelled the iPhone 4S.

15. blakespot Administrator

blakespot

I will be at the Clarendon, VA store by 5am, anyway. See you there.

bp

16. DaveRsauce thread starter macrumors newbie

DaveRsauce

I second that. Do you happen to have a twitter we can follow for updates?

17. lositilos macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sure thing. I'm at @lositilos. I'm officially staying. Second in line. Prob won't start tweeting updates until an actual line starts to form. Only two of us right now. Might have something to do with the storm headed this way. Haha.

18. JW008 macrumors 6502

Excellent, I just started following you. I guess the good thing (for you!) is you'll be the first one out of there tomorrow morning, while the rest of us are in line.

Thanks for the updates, see you tomorrow!

19. lositilos macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

That's basically my point. I don't want to be here all day tomorrow!

20. DaveRsauce thread starter macrumors newbie

DaveRsauce

I hear you there. Activations last about 15mins per handset in my experience.

Sorry I only said HI to the first lady and not you. When I'm there at 10pm again I'll introduce myself.

21. xilni, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

xilni macrumors member

xilni

22. lositilos macrumors newbie

6 people in line right now in Clarendon. That last downpour looks like may be the last for a while. Come on down!

23. lositilos macrumors newbie

24. lositilos macrumors newbie

25. Green2Delta macrumors member

I'll be at the Reston store hopefully by 6:45am.