Washington Square Mall, Tigard/Portland Oregon

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by spblat, Sep 11, 2013.

1. spblat, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

2. paulyeo macrumors member

I've been to all three stores for all the iPhone releases..from past experiences, people that showed up at around 6am got what they wanted at the Apple store in Bridgeport Village. I remember people behind me couldn't get the ones they wanted after showing up 4-5am while camping at both Washington Square and Downtown locations. Good luck getting one!

3. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

That might be right up my alley if typically people get what they want from the stores. Anybody have experience at pioneer place downtown? and do we have to wait for the mall to open before waiting outside the Apple store?

4. paulyeo macrumors member

I've had different experiences camping out at the pioneer place. One of the launches, I had to wait outside by the entrance to close buffalo wild wings (18 hours before), and the other experience was inside the mall, in front of Apple Store at 5am. Again, it all depends on mall security and what they plan for these type of launches.

5. spblat thread starter macrumors 6502a

spblat

Spoke to Apple Store at Washington Square today. Line up at Cheesecake Factory. Mall doors open at 6. "Queue cards" will be handed out somewhere between 6 and 8. He said call mall security for their guidance on whether lining up outside before 6 will be allowed.

6. krnboy503 macrumors regular

yeah same as before for washington square...its probably the best out of the three for staying warm, but pioneer has the most stock. what time are you going? :D

7. spblat thread starter macrumors 6502a

spblat

My teenager and I are going in for our upgrades at 5-6 I think. I don't feel like I have enough information to be sure but my intuition is that it'll be ok.

8. UnitedLax342 macrumors member

As of 11:30 pm The line At Washington square is over 300 people long and wraps around Macy's heading toward dicks sporting goods.

Bridgeport was just as long when I went by earlier.

9. paulyeo macrumors member

10. darkgoob macrumors 6502

Apple made a brilliant move putting the fingerprint scanner, TBH.

All the stupid people who can't remember a 4-digit number and had to erase their phone are like "WANT". All the women cheating on their husbands / husbands cheating on their wives are like "WANT". All the kids who don't want their parents snooping their phones are like "WANT". All of the drug dealers are like "WANT". Meanwhile the NSA is like "MUHAHAHA".

Heck everyone with a finger is like "WANT". Someone steals your phone? They have to give their fingerprint to use the device. Brilliant! Police show up at their house a few minutes later. Excellent.

Yeah, I would consider going to get this thing but frankly I've had bad experiences with the reliability of first-wave iPhones. There's always some kind of issue with those initial ones. My GF had to swap out her iPhone 5 about 5 times before she got a non-defective one. I think that's what the "5" stands for actually. I'll probably get one in a month.

11. spblat thread starter macrumors 6502a

spblat

Demoralizing news. Not confident they'll have 300 phones in stock. Wishing the preorder option had been available. See you guys in 20 minutes. Blue jeans and a "THINK" t-shirt.

12. spblat thread starter macrumors 6502a

spblat

13. gb7 macrumors member

How long is the line at Washington Square? I'm at Tanasbourne AT&T store about 25 people I got here at 4:30 and am #6.

14. spblat thread starter macrumors 6502a

spblat

I'm not sure how many. 300 seems a good guess. Still a line out the door from Cheesecake Factory past the Macy's entrance. An employee came by to count us. They're saying folks in the back of the line "may not get the precise model they want" and that they're expecting new stock daily.

15. gb7 macrumors member

Hope you get what you want. AT&T girl just came out and let everyone know stock I'm locked in for a 64gb. They have no white or gold here though.

16. spblat thread starter macrumors 6502a

spblat

Just black 32GB left for AT&T at Washington square. Got our cards. Still lots of people in line behind us. Would have preferred 64 but I'm cool.

ETA: Verizon 5Ss are gone.

17. P D X macrumors newbie

Just got off the phone with guest services and the lady tells me no line until tmr morning at 5am. That's when security and Apple employees will make two lines. One for non preorders and one for preorders/in-store pick up.

Have a feeling this 5am mad rush to line up is a bad idea...

18. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

I have a pre-order and will show up around 6am.

19. fusconed macrumors member

I'm in line at Bridgeport and heard someone saying that they were told anyone showing up at Washington Square early and not leaving will be issued a ticket. Not sure how legit that is, but FYI.

20. abemonkey macrumors member

How many people are in line so far?

21. fusconed macrumors member

I'd guess between 150-200 so far.

22. P D X macrumors newbie

I can picture the 5am line up being a bad idea. People arguing who came first and fighting about it.

23. fusconed macrumors member

Anybody ready for the mad dash to the door? BTW, it's the Cheesecake Factory door to line up for purchasing from Apple rather than a mobile carrier or Best Buy Mobile.

24. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

25. abemonkey macrumors member