Wasn't expecting this to be a big thing for me but it's a great small thing

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iamasmith, May 2, 2015.

1. iamasmith, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015

iamasmith macrumors regular

iamasmith

Just moved house and still involved in handing over the old place.

Work is crazy busy.

I ordered the watch and had to do a fandango swapping the billing details at the same time as changing the credit card billing address, hoping the order wouldn't foul.

Hadn't been to a Genius Bar and hadn't even seen an Apple Watch in real life then on Thursday at 11am my Stainless Steel with black classic leather band turned up.

I put it on, didn't have time to pair it and headed in for my 1-2-1 with my lead exec. He asked me how I liked it and I mentioned I'd only just unboxed it so he took a photo for the company intranet :p

Use has been low key but it keeps popping up as useful. It doesn't intrude but it's just helpful when it does.

I find the speech dictation to be strikingly accurate.

Mickey is charming as hell.

The chime along with the haptic knock make you think you could be wearing a chiming mechanical for that moment..

Pretty taken with it really. Not felt the need to pour over it every second but notifications are discreet and personal, there's enough information there to be convenient without taking out the phone and it's just plain well executed.

I asked for driving directions today from my phone and got the haptic knocks all the way too. I'd like to make that feature walk only really but that's about all I have to complain about so far.

Really good unobtrusive implementation :)

2. MagicTorch macrumors newbie

Another SS with Classic Buckle owner here (also from Cheshire!) & agree completely. I did not have huge expectations either, but love how discreet the watch is in appearance & how subtle it is when providing notifications..it really is a very personal device.

The 38mm SS with Classic buckle is particularly discreet - have been wearing it for 1 week, but nobody has even noticed I have it :)