Watch an indication of colors/materials to come?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vanilla Face, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Vanilla Face macrumors 6502

I know this is purely speculation, but does anyone think subsequent versions of the iPhone might be available in the colors and materials of the  Watch? I'd love to see a stainless steel iPhone, even if it cost and weighed more.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

We had a stainless steel iPhone. It's called the 4/4s.

For the future though, stainless steel/aluminum is out, Liquidmetal is in.

3. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Stainless steel is great for phones, unless you happen to need to make phone calls.

If Apple is going to crack the fashion market, as they appear to want to with the watch, they will need to train their customers to stop expecting that every product they make will match the colors of their other products. It's Apple, not Fisher-Price. A blue watch doesn't necessarily mean a blue phone is coming, and vice versa, nor should it by default just because.

4. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Not like aluminum is particularly radio transparent either

5. tjl3 macrumors 6502a

They should make a polished stainless steel iPhone. I would honestly pay more for it. Hopefully they'll take note of what Moto did and allow you to mix and match case and display color in the future.

6. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

:apple:watch is indication that :apple: completely lost a sense of modern design and is going to make all of its devices look like PT Cruisers.