Watch an indication of colors/materials to come?

Vanilla Face

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
I know this is purely speculation, but does anyone think subsequent versions of the iPhone might be available in the colors and materials of the  Watch? I'd love to see a stainless steel iPhone, even if it cost and weighed more.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Stainless steel is great for phones, unless you happen to need to make phone calls.

If Apple is going to crack the fashion market, as they appear to want to with the watch, they will need to train their customers to stop expecting that every product they make will match the colors of their other products. It's Apple, not Fisher-Price. A blue watch doesn't necessarily mean a blue phone is coming, and vice versa, nor should it by default just because.

tjl3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
They should make a polished stainless steel iPhone. I would honestly pay more for it. Hopefully they'll take note of what Moto did and allow you to mix and match case and display color in the future.

samiznaetekto

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
:apple:watch is indication that :apple: completely lost a sense of modern design and is going to make all of its devices look like PT Cruisers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.