Watch arrived today and has faulty with pop/clicking sound on screen activate

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MyAppleWorld, May 26, 2015.

1. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

Well I just received my stainless steel after returning my sport earlier.

I have instantly noticed intermittent clicking sounds when turning on the screen!!

I know this is on the forum a lot already but did anyone find a fix?

Don't want the pain of waiting for a replacement!!

2. jjlannoo Suspended

Sounds like a return might be necessary. I have had mine since 4-24 and have never had this happen.

3. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

4. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Did you buy AC+? One of the benefits to AC+ is express replacements (they send the new unit to you first).

If not, something you should consider is to take a look and see what's shipping quickly now. Anything on the Apple store with a 2-3 week window means they have it in stock and it'll ship quickly. Maybe you pick a different band and grab the one you want in store.

That's if you go the return and purchase new route. A standard warranty replacement could take as long as 2-3 weeks.

Best of luck!

5. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

No I didn't. See what they say tomorrow I guess.

6. sgw086 macrumors member

Had the same issue. Apple sent it to the repair depot and I had a brand new one in 3 days.

7. juwttt macrumors member

juwttt

Same issue here, I have AC+ so hopefully I will get a replacement soon

8. dilap macrumors 6502a

You can still buy AppleCare+. They don't do a diagnostic of the watch, but it will take 24h to activate.

9. juwttt macrumors member

juwttt

Do you have to take to store for them to send it out and order a replacement or can you do it through chat online?

10. dilap macrumors 6502a

EDIT:

I misunderstood. I did have a problem with my watch and for the replacement I did it over chat, but they did ring me for more information.

11. juwttt macrumors member

juwttt

So you had the same pop/click noise problem? I am curious to see if many people have this issue

12. dilap macrumors 6502a

Yes I had the issue. They rang me to ask more about it, and how I could reproduce it.

13. juwttt macrumors member

juwttt

I contacted them through chat and ended up getting a phone call as well. They said they had to escalate it to an engineer and would call me back later. Did this happen to you guys?

14. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

I phoned apple this morning (uk) and they told me i had to send it back and then wait for a 48hr replacement.

However, I spoke to a manager and they are now letting me have a replacement before sending this one back.

I'm just worried the new one will have the same issue!

15. matthijst macrumors regular

Have the same issue.
    Live in Holland and they don't sell the watch here yet, so I'll wait until it's in store before contacting Apple....

16. juwttt macrumors member

juwttt

I contacted apple via chat, then gave me a call to talk and then they said they would escalate to the engineers and would give me a phone call with in 24 hrs. Two days later, no phone call, so I contacted them again via chat. They said they have no records of my case being escalated and they said I never answered the call. Long story short, they guy via chat ordered me a replacement and it came with in 24 hrs.