Watch delivered to work address? Rip open and play or baby back home?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by biosci, Apr 29, 2015.

1. biosci macrumors 6502a

So, what'll you do? Get right at it at work in front of everyone or bring it back home to play with later?

2. die444die macrumors member

I will be tearing into mine as soon as I get my grubby little hands on it. I have an office with a door I can close though while I fondle my precious.

3. Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

Wait!!! Much better with your whole set up at home.

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I got mine at work. Opened it in front of all my students and made them watch me set it up. :D

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

If fortune is in my favor, I'll receive mine at work on Friday. I'll set mine up immediately if I have the time. If not I'll wait until I get home :)

6. susan12369 macrumors 6502

Mine arrived at work. I took a few minutes to savor the unboxing, and then put it on a charge while I took care of a few work things. Then I spent the rest of the day playing (with occasional interruptions for work things). :)

7. McPhallus macrumors regular

I would never have an apple product delivered at work. Sure, there's the instant gratification, but I cringe when I think of all the time I've already wasted checking on forums, order status, shipment tracking, etc. Unboxing is just way too big a distraction to do when you're on company time.

8. bulbousnub macrumors 6502

Mine came to my work. Hell, it was there before I was!

I came in, grabbed it from the receiving area, clocked in and started setting it up. Not one **** given haha.

9. biosci thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm surprised that almost all of you are choosing to / or have opened it at work! I guess getting it charged and ultimately on the wrist was the #1 priority. I'd be afraid of what a distraction it would be during the setup! Now I hope mine come in before lunch so I have all lunch to play around!

10. nasa25 macrumors 65816

I got mine at work last Friday and the world was dead to me between 1030 and 1230

11. jonathanhrtly macrumors newbie

Mine arrived at work and The charging wasn't to much of an issue. Mine came with 87% battery!

Setting it up was a pretty automatic process. Just kept my phone in my pocket while it was syncing across. Started working just as advertised right out of the box.

Thinking back on it I was very fast to think of excuses as to why I should open it versus waiting until I got home!

12. biosci thread starter macrumors 6502a

So I did finally get mine at work yesterday... And... I ripped it right open and started topping off the already partially charged watch! I went incognito with it all day until finally today someone noticed it and were all cool with it.

My buddy on the other hand. Waited to bring it home to do a 'proper and un rushed' unboxing.. LOL