Watch not controlling music or sending activity to phone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by RichardLynch, Sep 2, 2015.

1. RichardLynch macrumors member

So at the weekend I upgraded my watch to Watch OS2 Public beta.
    Since then I have experienced numerous issues. These are just two:

1) Any health or activity data recorded on the watch, including heart rate does not send over to the Health App on my iPhone 6. The past two days are showing blank!

2) Trying to control my music on my phone from my watch. My watch shows me all my playlists and albums etc, however when I choose ANY song to play it states UNABLE TO PLAY - APPLE WATCH COULDNT PLAY THIS MUSIC FROM YOUR IPHONE MUSIC LIBRARY. Two days ago the same song was fine.

My watch is definitely paired as I am getting calls and message notifications on my watch.
    Any suggestions guys? I have turned off the watch and rebooted it many times. Same issue.

Also just a note to others: I wouldn't recommend getting OS2 until General Release. Its currently awful!

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You rebooted but have you unpaired and then paired again?

3. RichardLynch thread starter macrumors member

Nope... doing so now. I have also noticed that all my Health activity on my phones Health app has vanished. All my steps and distances and such recorded since Sept 2014 has gone. Now says NO DATA. Hmmm! Last time I'll upgrade to beta software.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The Health data will not be backed up unless you choose the encrypted option. With out the health Data will not be included in any backup. Sorry to hear that!

Hope the pair and unpair help

5. RichardLynch thread starter macrumors member

Ive tried the unpair and restore but as I don't have my watch charger on me I cannot pair it back yet. I have to wait until I get home :(

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

There is NO such thing as an wOS2 public beta. It is for developers only. Other developers have reported similar beta problems.

7. RichardLynch thread starter macrumors member

Well the final public release version should surely not be too far away now? Mid September?