Watch out for UPS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFan360, Sep 18, 2012.

1. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

If your iPhone 5 is getting delivered by UPS, I highly recommend being home to receive it. The last several items (including 3 iPhone 4S's) were dropped off on my porch by UPS. The deliveries were signature required but the UPS driver ignored it. FedEX has never done this.

Remember, thieves will be following these trucks around on Friday.

I know, this does not happen with all drivers but why take the chance?

Good luck and here is to hoping everyone gets their iPhone 5's without incedent.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

3. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

For something this costly and with a track record of thefts happening in the past, I think a little paranoia is justified.

The UPS driver tossed 2 of my 3GSs onto the porch without so much as ringing the bell on that launch day. I was sitting in the living room, well within earshot of the doorbell, all afternoon and nada. I discovered the phones by accident when I stepped outside to take a call. Ridiculous.

4. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

I have had the opposite experience. With Fedex, they will leave the packages. With UPS, regardless of how many waivers or notes you sign or leave, if they feel like it's not safe then they won't leave it without you being home.