Watch Series 1 / iPhone 7 Plus / Battery Life of Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by donotusevlan1, Oct 19, 2016.

1. donotusevlan1 macrumors newbie

I got the new Watch Series 1 about 2 weeks ago and paired it with my iPhone 6 Plus. Battery life was as expected, after being at work all day I would come with about 45-50% charge left.

This past Monday, got my new iPhone 7 Plus in, unpaired and restored the backup from 6 plus and paired it up to the new 7 Plus. Immedidatley after pairing with the iPhone, battery life has improved dramatically on the watch. Got home after the first day of being paired with a bit over 80% still left. Did not charge it overnight and got home after day 2 at work and still had 52% left.

Is there major difference in Bluetooth between the 6 Plus and the 7 Plus? Something else that would explain the major change in battery life?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

No, both are BT 4 (LE). BT 5 chip production just started so both devices just missed the cut. We may see BT 5 in the new Macs and next iPads. All most certainly in the next iPhone and :apple:Watch.

3. Gumbys69 macrumors newbie

Gumbys69

Weird, I logged in to post something about the battery life on my series 2 watch seems to have almost doubled the last few days. After reading this post you may be right, I finally got my 7 plus a few days ago, coincidence? I've worn my watch for 2 days now from 6am till 11pm or so and it's at 46% right now after day 2.